Fleet Status and Update for 2022 Jan.

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by CURT, Dec 28, 2021.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Almost there to Jan 1st. Figured I update the status of my fleet. Just last week I shipped out in a large box 3 hulls . They are Hood, Nelson and Viribus Unitis. I shipped them to Nova Scotia Canada where my buddy Ken Francis will be tasked with building these 3 as scale models. The VU is for the wife and she has been waiting for me to build that for 10 years lol. Why am I doing this is simply Ken loves to build large rc model ships but not keep them for himself. Example the USS Ronald Regan Carrier. He gave that one to me. I gave him my combat Missouri for him to refit to modern version . He has that one nearly done. He figures it takes him 3 to 4 months to do a ship. We have long winters in Canada and Ken is retired and needs to stay busy. For me I have too many ships to refit and build and no space anymore to do that especially during the winter months. So Ken is going to help me close the gap. I have 5 I am working on and he has my 3 for now. I will keep sending him ships to finish for me. I will be installing the electronics when they arrive back and finish detailing them out .

So fleet wise it looks like this.

HMS Hood , Viribus Unitis, Nelson. In Nova Scotial for construction .
    CVN-76 USS Ronald Regan. Detailing and lighting.
    Prince Of Wales, Graf Spee(2) Viribis Unitis, Espana . These are cut out for combat and need to be buillt. Graf Spee has a superstructure printed but not assembled
    Konig, Von Der Tann, Erebus, Are cut out and have superstructures. They need to be cleaned up and rebuilt. They are combat models.
    Prinze Eugene ( Aust) South Carolina, California are built and armed but need refit badly and new combat systems installed.
    Richileu, Dunkerque, Arizona (2) Nagato, Tirpitz have decks installed . Arizona, Dunkerque and Nagato have superstructures and so does Tirpitz but I will be printing darkpollos latest verision of the superstructure. These will be non combat.
    Roma is under refit and overhaul. It will be stripped of combat equipment and turned into a detailed runner.
    Missouri- Refit complete and operatioal and currently in Nova Scotia.
    My other Misssouri will be refitted and rebuilt for modern eral version. North Carolina will have a back up superstructure printed.
    Montana , Bismarck, Yamato, all three just need cosmetic upgrades and replacement. Bismarck will have a pair of additional bb cannons installed in C and D turret. Like Yamato she will have full main armament .
    A pair of freighters need a work and electronics and running gear installed.
    Gato needs to be built and have the rc diving equipment installed.

So as you can see I have a very busy shipyard.

Fleet yard Admiral
    Fleet Admiral
    Curt.

notSoGnarly and darkapollo like this.
  2. darkapollo

darkapollo Well-Known Member

You are quite the busy guy!

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Busier than Santa lol.