fleet status

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by JasonC, Apr 28, 2009.

1. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

eh yall i have been kinda outa the loop as of late just started getting my ships ready for the year and was woundering how everyone else was doing
    vdt striped inside will be ready as soon as new props het here
    Admiral Graf Spee needs a ss and paint
    all other projects are bare hulls with nothing inside.

2. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Hi Jason,
    Here's my fleet status:
    HMCS Prince Robert - combat ready for IRCWCC rules; needs trials with smaller props (on hand) to set WTC speed
    HMS Gorgon - same status as Prince Robert
    HMS Minotaur - needs trouble shooting on bow gun and 75 shot stern gun. 50 shot stern gun is OK. Otherwise battle ready for both IRCWCC and Treaty
    HMS Black Prince (WWI Armored Cruiser) - will be getting an inspection and minor overhaul before sale because I don't need two Class 3 ACs. This has been delayed by work on the I-400 project so the potential out of province buyer may have found something else. If so it'll be available locally.
    IJN I-400/402 - will be gutted to equip improved version of that hull under local production. Deepened Battler's Connection hull with my more accurate superstructure and a pressure hull with watertight hatches, rudder, prop shafts and ballast tanks is for sale. Suitable for conversion to a surface running and/or dynamic diving convoy sub.
    IJN I-400 - new model to be started as soon as the improved hull is in production (early June). Will be one of 3 being built simultaneously by Steve Hill, Jay Jennings and me.
    IJN Ibuki - under construction for Treaty combat and about a month behind schedule. Probably won't be finished until July.
    Krasni Krim (Class 2 Russian CL) - just starting to cut out the hull and make the decks and 4 spurt guns for the bow casemates. Planned to use this for 2009 IRWCC Nats in RI but it won't be finished in time.
    HMS Furious - hull for sale; suitable for WWI battlecruiser, hybrid BC/CV or CV. Bulges same beam but lower on hull than in WWII.
    HMS Rodney - hull for sale with fiberglass deck (molded in hatch recesses and plexiglass hatches), + complete turret set (primary and secondary)
    Indefatigable - hull for sale
    Vanguard - will install fiberglass deck after prop shafts and rudder are installed. Won't be finished until 2010.
    Renown - repairing some gelcoat defects. Will be built for 2010 or sold.
    Siamese Sri Ayuthia (Class 1) - waiting for David Ranier to complete his build which I'll copy. Very lt. wt. model.
    HMS Albatross - to be built as the late WWII fleet repair ship (for convoy) instead of the Class 1 Aussie seaplane carrier version.
    HMAS/HMS Albatross - 2nd hull for sale
    Bob

3. slow_and_ugly

slow_and_ugly Active Member

Hi Jason
    Konig -- Missing some pneumatic fittings -- but unchanged from last year.
    Tirpitz -- (almost) ready for sea trials. Just need to grease the prop shaft and connect the rudder. This will be my boat this season. I need to attach the secondary armament.
    Takao -- Superstructure done, just needing assembly. Needs sheeting. The internals are more problematic. Can't find a 3.5oz bottle and I ordered a new Palmer regulator which was shipped 6 weeks ago and still hasn't arrived. I suspect it never will.
    Renown -- It's cut out. waiting for the warmer weather so I can reinforce the stringers with some FG. I have all the pieces (might need some pneumatics) and will restart construction in the fall.

4. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Rob Battlers still sells 3.5oz bottles, if all else fails get one from them.

5. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Scharnhorst is ready to go, in both formats.
    ISE is still under construction, we are having funding issues, labour disputes etc. you how dock yard workers can be? ;)
    J

6. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Must be a unionized environments:eek:. :whistling::whistling::whistling:.

7. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Don't you know it :( :(

8. Chris Easterbrook

Kill them all and let god sort it out.

9. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Not in an unionized environment.:p After all there would be a grievance process to follow. If the grievance processed failed then there may be a wildcat strike or a work to rule campaign. Also it depends if the union is in a legal strike position. then a conciliator may be required. of course that is just for the shooters. They may be problems if the ammo was made in a non union environment. so to shoot them all you would need your shooters (minimum 6) being paid for an 8 hr day at time and a half, at least 2 ammo loaders per shooter, 1 ammo carrier per 2 shooters. Then there is the union rep for the ammo carriers. Also there has to be another rep for the shooters. So shooting them all and letting God sort it out just leave too many headaches for God . :woot::whistling::D:p:crying:

10. slow_and_ugly

slow_and_ugly Active Member

Yeah, I will eventually -- it's just that with the exchange rate and shipping the cost is a little high.
    On the other hand, the service is good, and there's always the opportunity to buy another hull...

11. Chris Easterbrook

True enough Rob. I know what you mean there are two hulls I am looking at right now.

12. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Hi guys, I'm home again.
    Sangamon just needs a SLA battery, Little Rock is good to go, although more work is required on her ss. Wisconsin hsn't had anything done to her. My plans for the Whisky arrived while I was away, as did my Team Delta boards and KIP solenoids/expansion tanks from BC.

13. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

ok vdt is now ready to fight had her out for a run today and everything seems good so now we just need a place to fightt and to get shooting anyone have any ideas?