Florida panhandle area clubs?

Discussion in 'Independents' started by Desert Fox, May 11, 2013.

1. Desert Fox

Desert Fox New Member

Hey, I was trying to find out if their were any clubs or people in the Florida panhandle that could help me get started?

2. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

Battler's Connection is over in Sanford FL, lots of guys in the FL area just not sure where specifically.

3. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Also some folks up in Atlanta and Statesboro, GA. In fact, there is a long weekend battle in Statesboro during the memorial day weekend that will see much (if not most) of the Southeast battlers present. It would be a great opporuntiy to see the ships. Heck, I would bet that one of teh captains offers his ship for you to use in a couple sorties. :)

4. Desert Fox

Desert Fox New Member

Yeah I'm in Destin so its a long drive to most of those places. I was wondering if there was any groups near Alabama? I have a scharnhorst hull that I bought a long time ago and I have the time to finally get started. Thanks for the replies!

5. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Welp, don't know of anyone close to you. Unless you can entice more people in your area to join you, may as well get used to driving long distances.

Frankly, even if you have friends, get used to driving long distances. I average 9 hour drives for most battles I go to from my house. That is normal.

6. Desert Fox

Desert Fox New Member

Yeah that's what I figured... Guess I better try and get the word out!

7. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

If you can make to Statesboro for some battles, I can find a hull to make a 'loaner boat' for you to do recruiting with.

8. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

In Destin you are closer to Wades's Pond than the 'locals' from Houston. You would be 4.5 hours from the 'Brouhaha' and only 8 hours from Houston. 7 hours to Statesboro and 6 hours from Sanford Fl. That puts you in one of the best places for ALL the regionals in your area. I would LOVE to be at that short of a drive to all of those locations.

I have to drive to Missouri for regionals (11 to 13hrs) as Florida is just too far for a weekend drive. 8 hours is a piece of cake. I would leave early Friday morning and then leave at lunch on Sunday if its a 2 day event. If its a 3 day event I would leave anytime Sunday afternoon or Monday morning early.

And yes if you want to be in this hobby then you have to drive 8 hrs or more to events that is just the way it is. Nats will be close to you (8hrs or less) once every 3 to 4 years and then 20hrs the rest of the time. That is the way it goes....

Good luck