For sale USS Cali or possible trade UPDATED pics

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by vicious p, Mar 17, 2008.

1. vicious p

vicious p Well-Known Member

Alright, due to the need for more space in my work building and the limited battling activity it looks like ill be having this year im going to go on ahead and sell this ship..

Its basically ready to go, just really needs to be re-sheeted or just patched and painted. Oh and i believe the reciever got fried due to a leaky watertight box.

So you get the Ship as you see along with the following goodies..

-bc pump w/ stinger motor
    -6channel futaba skysport radio

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -clippard cannon system
    -new style servo firing system and throttle control
    -(4) Werker 6v batteries
    -battery and radio charger
    -7oz bottle with spare on/off vavle

Pretty sure that about wraps it up, as i said the ship needs a little work since it hasnt been touched much since the November battle in Sanford last year. But just add a new receiver partch it up and your pretty much ready to hit the pond.

thanks

$600 plus S/H

2. vicious p

Here is a picture of it at a battle in Sanford,FL last November. Not the prettiest boat on the pond but it will out turn nearly anything and can slug it out with anything. I just have a greater interest in being on the Axis side. Would love a Sharnhorst or a maybe a Konig.

Making a pass by a very mean Nagato.
    [​IMG]

3. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

I will attest that this ship is a good boat to battle from what I recall while at the November battle. Who ever picks this ship up is getting a very nice working ship.

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Heh heh I see you were battling against a former Nabs member Steven Crane -Ijn Nagato. I am builging a California. You be the persong to talk to about the models handling, the interior set up, what motors, batteries, ect and any other things like things to watch out for or ship pecularities. Any info will help me with mine.

What is the superstructure made of?

5. vicious p

Ill try and get some pictures of the inside when i get a chance. Only thing i really need to change on this boat is add a gearbox for each of my 2 drive motors. Its hard to get it down to speed with direct drive. As far as batteries i just run (2) 6v 12ah batts, ill have to chack on the motors although id say they are the same drive motors you can get from BC. Ill try and take a look at it sometime today and get pictures.

6. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

im interested but i dont have a ship to trade

7. vicious p

Do you have the funds to take up this kind of project? Im not trying to be a jerk but you seem to be posting in everyones thread about buying there stuff. It be really great if you met up with the guys closest to you and try and look at there ships and even better to go to actual battle to make sure you get the ship you want.

But anyway, I may just sell the hull as well as my radio and reciever. The Cali would need guns/plumming/and all of your electronics. It also needs to be re-sheeted. Ive been so busy with school lately i havent even had a chance to do it. Ill see if i cant figure up a price.

8. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

You have mail, V-P.

9. vicious p

Sorry Tug, can you re-send it. I didnt even know but my email address in my profile was wrong. Its actually viciousp07@yahoo.com

thanks

10. Tugboat

I'm at work right now, I'll send it tomorrow afternoon when I wake up :)

Is that a converted Battler's Connection hull? I know they make one similar to the TN.

11. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

i dont have the funds right now but i will have 480$ by may

12. vicious p

Im not sure who made the hull i bought it from Mike Pagegala off the Region3 yahoo group. I bought it mostly complete, just had to add all my own electronics and guns as well as completely redoing the water channeling and battery trays. I wasnt to found of the foam channeling in there, fiberglass resin takes up much less space and looks alot nicer in my opinion. This has been my only boat to date. Rob Stalnaker helped me outfit the whole thing.

13. Tugboat

Cool. Rob knows what he's doing with boats! His Yamato is among my standards of comparison for good engineering.

Did you get the email with pics?

14. vicious p

Yes i did, yea Rob is a great guy and really knows what hes doing. My boat performed well the whole weekend down at the Sanford battle in November. I havent talked to him in awhile, seems as though hes been prety busy or something since he hasnt answered my emails lately. I may have to give him a call. And yes, got the pictures. Looks nice, i emailed you back. I let you know something soon.

Or ill trade you a California minus electronics and guns =].

15. Tugboat

You have no idea how tempted I am... but I have bills to pay, and really I need to be driving my own hulls, if only for advertising :)

16. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

guys you r so cool:D

17. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

That's a good deal.

18. vicious p

I maybe be interested in trading for a big gun pocket battleship class ship, or some sort of well armed cruiser. Just make an offer. thanks 1/144scaleplease

19. kevin

kevin New Member

20. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

I can tell Rob's work when I see it. I noticed the test fire buttons, are they air valves? I was going to add the spdt push buttons to the tirpitz but I had been using delta boards. I had not thought about if they would work with the servo setup although I cant imagine why it wouldnt work.