For Sale

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by Bob Pottle, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

With 2 new carriers and 2 capital ships to be built, plus several completed models and a few hulls lying around the basement I need to downsize. I prefer to sell what I have to NABS, NATCF or OAF members to avoid cross-border shipping problems.

Hulls:

1 Krasni Kirm/Profintern Soviet CL, Class 2

2 HMAS/HMS Albatross seaplane carrier/fleet repair ship, Class 1

1 HMS Furious - can be built as WWI battlecruiser Class 4, or WWI and WWII carrier versions, Class 5

1 HMS Nelson hull with fiberglass deck (uninstalled) and complete main and secondary turret set, Class 6

1 HMS Indefatigable battlecruiser, Class 4 (great beginner ship)

Models:

HMS Black Prince armoured cruiser, Class 3 - nice model started by me and finished and battled by Rob Helliwell; for sale with Futaba servos but no radio transmitter or receiver (needed for a new model). Uses 36 gm CO2 capsules and a light weight Palmer regulator threaded for them.

IJN I-400/402, Class 1 or convoy ship. Time for someone else to have a go at this challenging project. If diving ability is sacrificed and ballast valves and tanks removed it can hold a larger battery and make an interesting convoy model or surface combatant.

Conact me for more details/prices.

Bob

2. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Bob, whats the price on the indefatigable?

3. Bob Pottle

$110 US plus shipping. For comparison a BC Liberty Ship hull costs $110.

Bob

4. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

I-400? I really want a sub at some point... probably not at this point... but some point... probably not at this point... but some point... probably not at this point... but some point......... Oh, there's my coffee!

5. Bob Pottle

The I=400 was built from a now OOP Battler's hull that I cut in half, deepened by ~3/8" and made thicker. I scrapped the conning tower and bridge that came with it and made molds for more accurate ones. Also added the missing catapult launch ramp, again in fiberglass. The removable upper part of the hull was scribed to represent all the deck plating and hatches.

I'll be away for about 5 days but will post photos of I-400 when I get back.

Bob

6. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Hey Bob, do you still have the mold for the I-400 fin? I would really like to see it.
    J

7. Bob Pottle

Jay,
    The conning tower mold is OK but the hangar mold's gelcoat was damaged when I pulled the first hangar from it. I think it's repairable but if not I still have the wooden master. It has minor damage but can be fixed. The plan is to repair either for our new I-400 hull project.

Bob