For Sale...

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by Pyrate, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Pyrate

Pyrate New Member

UPDATED on MAY 25,2011
    MUST BE SOLD BY MONDAY MAY 30th, 2011...

Afternoon all,
    The following is up for sale. I'm going from memory, however there are a great number of parts, hulls, and related items. This is a package deal and all serious offers are welcome. I can provide details upon request.
    Because this is a package deal, the opperative word here is "deal". I don't have time to deal with individual items, so please refrain from asking for individual items.
    • 15 hulls - 2 under construction;
    • 2 brand new radios (may be a third - I need to check);
    • extra crystal sets (forget the channels);
    • many extra motors;
    • more spare parts than I care to remember;
    • batteries;
    • bottles;
    • hoses;
    • a plethora of cannon parts.
    The inventory is worth well in excess of $3500. I am will to accept much less - but within reason of course ;-) Please contact me directly at sellis@eastlink.ca if you're interested.
    Because of the volume (and weight) of items, this is for pick up only. Shipping would be astronomical. I am situated in Bedford, N.S.
    Cheers and thanks for your consideration,
    Scott.

2. Pyrate

Pyrate New Member

Update...

One question I have been asked and should have provided details for is the hulls. There is a mixture of Ralph C.'s, Bob P.'s, Eric B.'s, Battlers Connection and Swampworks hulls. There is a completed Espana, partially constructed Graf Spee, a partially completed VU, an Iowa hull, extra espana hull, Roma hull, and the list goes on.

Thanks again for your interest.

3. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Pictures?? Selling stuff online isn't so effective without pictures.

4. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Hi Scott,
    I doubt that you'll find a buyer for all 15 hulls/models. You've tried to sell all of them as a single package since you left the hobby several years ago, apparently without success.
    You'll be more successful selling individual hulls or smaller groups of them. There aren't a lot of R/C combat hobbyists in our area. All have at least one ship and it's doubtful that any one person has the cash or desire to buy everything you have. As you said, shipping the entire lot elsewhere would be very expensive, so it would be best to sell locally.
    I'll buy the Espana back for what you paid me for it plus any additional components added. (I recall it needed a few items to be battle ready.) What could be easier or more convenient than having me drive out to Bedford, hand you the cash and take the Espana away ?
    Regards,
    Bob

5. Pyrate

Pyrate New Member

I will certainly post some pictures of the complete inventory this weekend.
    Cheers,
    Scott.

6. Pyrate

Pyrate New Member

Hi Bob,
    Thanks for your reply and I hope all is well downtown.
    Because the amount I 'm looking for is not much more than getting one of the larger ships built, I would prefer to let it all go together as it's taking up space. Also I do not have the time to go back and forth in e-mail and always be around for people to drop by.
    As a matter a fact, because we need to get this stuff out of here $1500 will take the lot to the first taker. Once I get a few pics posted the deal will speak for itself. While one person may not be interested, this could be an opprotunity for a few to divide and conquor. For example, with 4 people at $375 a piece, 2 would come out with new radios, 3 to 4 hulls each, and more than enough fittings, bottles, batteries, etc to build multiple ships. Again, I shall let the photos talk for themselves. I will lay everything out this weekend so everything can be seen.
    Cheers & thanks again.
    Scott

7. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

15 hulls?! Hokey smokes, Bullwinkle!

8. Pyrate

Pyrate New Member

Not all of the items have been located (still have a few boxes to get through) however here is a sampling of the items located thus far. Missing are cannons, batteries, bottles, lots of superstructure components, etc.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Pyrate

Pyrate New Member

and more...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Pyrate

Pyrate New Member

and still more...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More to come...

11. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

If i only had the $$$$$$..............:crying:

12. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

If only I wasn't 15 hours away with a car to small to hold all that.

13. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

What are all those hulls? I recognize a Yamato and I think there's a Viribus Unitis and Queen Elizabeth. An Indefatigable? A Nassau? A North Carolina? A Dell computer box? Quite a collection.

14. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Wow thta is alot of stuff.

15. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

I saw a Graf spee and a Ofstrieland, maybe an Iowa. Jeez guy, talk about unfinnished projects

16. Pyrate

Pyrate New Member

Too busy working on my handicap ;-)

17. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

I have a group looking to buy. Are you still out there?
    We'd like a list of the hulls and pics of the other stuff that you have not posted yet.

18. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Bob, I am interested in chipping in for a hull or two.

19. Pyrate

Pyrate New Member

Folks,

With the deal to the chap in the USA having fell through (in late 2009) everything has sat in limbo in the attic until this past week when we stumbled across it as we prepared to move. The details of what's for sale are at the top of the thread if you are interested, however this is now time sensative as all must go by next Monday (May 30, 2011).

I have identified more supplies (fittings, electronics, etc). If you're interested please contact me at scottellis@me.com.

Cheers & thanks in advance,
    Scott.

20. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

Scott, a couple of suggestions. Edit the first post in this thread with an update, including today's date and when it needs to be sold by, and also post a thread over in the For Sale section pointing to this thread. Best of luck on the sale!