Free Plans for NABS Members

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by Bob Pottle, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

While making hull moulds for the R/C hobby I accumulated a lot of 1/144 scale ship plans. Nearly all of my moulds have been sold to Battlers Connection, Strike Models and Rich Wands of the OAF. I don't plan to make any more moulds and want to get rid of the plans - I'm under 'orders' to get rid of all unused hobby stuff from the basement.
    I don't want to get into mailing plans other than a couple of really nice sets that are being sold, but NABS members can pick up any they want. I have 1/144 scale plans for the Arethusa Class (who has Rob's mould?), Profintern (Russian CL), Sri Ayuthia (Siamese pocket heavy cruiser), HMS London, Vanguard, Nelson, and more.
    Two very nice plan sets are for sale. There's a beautiful multi-sheet set I bought for Ralph Coles to use for the Graf Spee hull at 1/96 size and reduced to 1/144. Cost about $65 with shipping but I'll sell the sets for both scales for $40 plus whatever postage is. There's an even more detailed multisheet Japanese plans set for the late WWII carrier Amagi (a very large ship). Also $40 plus shipping but cost far more from Pacific Hobbies in California.
    I will be selling some battleship hulls in the near future, some uncut and others cut-out with fiberglass decks and turret sets. Also have a couple of HMAS/HMS Albatross seaplane carrier hulls that would be great for convoy or Class 1 battling. Gorgeous hulls bult from RAN plans. There are photos in the photosection of R/C naval combat. The Albatross mould is also for sale. Email me if intersted in anything. I'm post the hull list and prices later.
    Bob

2. Bob Pottle

Ralph Coles has spoken for all of the free 1/144 warship plans. The Graf Spee and IJN Amagi plan sets remain for sale.
    Bob

3. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Bob: I have a few of robs molds here. If you want them they are yours as I will never use them. Also I have the Renown hull as well. I am still working on the Bizmark to get it ready but our company was sold and my new position required alot of training throughout Canada and the US so little around here got done. Now that I am home and Strike models is sending orders again i should have no problem over winter getting ready for spring.
    John

4. Bob Pottle

Hi John,
    I'm glad you're planning to get a ship ready for 2013. Sounds like you've been busier than me, though I haven't done anything in the R/C combat hobby this year except clean up the Hood and test fit the cannons.
    I don't plan to lay up any more hulls though one of Rob's Arethusa's would be fun to make and I have a couple of hundred CO2 cartridges suitable for use in a CL. I must contact Steve Hill and pick up the London/Dorsetshire hull he offered me. I have good plans for Dorsetshire in the late 1930s and the rebuilt London in 1941. Love those County Class hulls!
    I'll probably sell the unique large 3.5 unit armoured cruiser HMS Minotaur (built from a stretched version of my HMS Defence/Black Prince hull now sold by Strike), and the incomplete Japanese light aircraft carrier Ibuki (subject of a long construction thread on this site). I've also got a couple of dozen Japanese naval aircraft models to sell - all 1/144 and prepainted.
    Either the HMS Nelson or Vanguard projects will have to go. Each has the hull, fiberglass deck (not installed) with molded hatch openings for 1/8" lexan or plexiglass hatches, 1/144 plans, main turret sets (Grey Wolf for Vanguard, Ralph Coles main and secondary turrets for Nelson), I made Vanguard's hull almost 1/4" thick after the Musashi's BF cannons broke 1/8" ribs on my Warspite.
    HMS Gorgon is ready for action in the spring as is Minotaur if not sold by then. I really want a County Class CA or a Canarias (my original Canarias if I could buy it back!). I'm keeping the first HMS Furious hull for a non-combat model, to be built post retirement in 5 years.
    Bob