For Sale French La Glossoniere

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Gary Powell, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Gary Powell

Gary Powell Well-Known Member

For sale is a French small cruiser La Glossioniere (spelling really bad on this one!). Needs to have sub deck re- installed. Hull has NOT been deepened, so I assume it's usable for either Big or Fast Gun combat. Paint is cracking, but overall a fairly nice scratch build. Has shaft struts and rudder post in and has a nice brass rudder. No plans.

Asking $60 plus shipping. 20140310_105508_LLS.jpg 20140310_105518_LLS.jpg 20140310_105528_LLS.jpg 20140310_105542_LLS.jpg

2. Stephen Streissguth

Stephen Streissguth New Member

I am interested, if still available. Newbie here not sure how this transaction progresses from here. Thanks.

3. Stephen Streissguth

Stephen Streissguth New Member

Well I guess I do have one question, what are the dimensions?

4. Tankman

Tankman Member

Hello good evening Fairly new to this hobby. I am interested in you French La Glossoniere if still available. Thank you

5. Gary Powell

It is still available. Fortunately I do already have it wrapped for shipping, so I could get it our pretty quickly if you want it. Gary

6. Gary Powell

In the package, the ship also includes some of the deck and a bit of superstructure that I found.

7. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Member

howdy was wondering if this ever got sold? thank you!

8. Gary Powell

Yep, still available. Many have indicated that they were interested, but life sometimes gets in the way. Still packaged and ready to ship to any state or country, but California. Thanks for your interest. Gary

9. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Member

haha why no California? and awesome! id be willing to get it from you then :) will probably need to wait a week or two until I finish moving and get everything settled in but if you could get a shipping quote to 46815, and does paypal work for you?

10. Gary Powell

Should have you an estimate on Monday or Tuesday.

11. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Member

alrighty thank you! out of curiousity did you ever battle it?, and if so what gun setup did you use in it?,

12. Gary Powell

When I started the La Glossioniere, the local Big Bun club did not allow for deepened hulls, so it was built to scale depth. Halfway through the build the rules were changed, so I started another "deepened" hull for the Emile Bertin. As for arming it, it would have been for Big Gun, with guns and torpedo guns. Since the ship is now only usable for Fast Fun, I am not sure what would be best. I checked on shipping and the bad news is $56, $4 shy of the ships cost. But it's your luck day, I will absorb half the shipping sell it to you for the out the door price of $85. Yes, Pay Pal would be fine. Gary

13. AdmiralBangerBang

AdmiralBangerBang Active Member

I'm on Long Island, and I'm willing to buy it. How much is shipping?

14. Gary Powell

Just spotted your post. It's already boxed, I will check and see what shipping is. What is your ZIP?

15. Justin Ragucci

Justin Ragucci Well-Known Member

Is this still available?

16. Gary Powell

The La Glossioniere (fast gun) and Emile Bertin (Big Gun without shafts) are both still available. The Emile is for Big Gun since the hull has been deepened and the La Gloss has not. I also still have a Big Gun Gascone and possibly a Missouri available. Shiping is always the worst part. Give me a zip and I can give you a close estimate. Gary

17. Justin Ragucci

Justin Ragucci Well-Known Member

Zip is 07866 and are they all just hulls like is the Missouri a hull and yes get me shipping prices please if possible

18. Gary Powell

USPS Estimator says $19.65 to your location. Emile and La Glas are just hulls. La Glas may have a little superstructure and I believe I can find plans. The USS Missouri is a full ship, but everything inside has been stripped out. Gascone is sheeted hull and 50% of the superstructure, with 2 of the 4 shafts in already. Gary

19. __Titan__

__Titan__ Member

What ever happened with these?

20. Gary Powell

I would have to look to see which ones I still have. At one time I had three small French Cruisers. Two were Emile Bertins, with deepened hulls for Big Gun and the other was a La Glossioniere for Fast Gun. I still have two boxed and ready to ship out of state.