French Plans Site

Discussion in 'Ship Plans' started by Anachronus, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Can I have a little help? I'm trying to download plans for the Clemenceau and Gascoigne. Unfortunately it's loading as a quicktime video, not an image, so I cannot save any of it. Would somebody be willing to download the plans and email them to me?

http://www.servicehistorique.sga.defense.gouv.fr/02fonds-collections/banquedocuments/planbato/planbato/Plans/planbato.php?id=489

2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

The accumulated tif files for the Clemenceau are fairly hefty, a little too hefty for emailing, and I'm not inclined to sift through them tonight to find only the useful ones. However, since I have already completed my site-rip, I will upload the whole mess of Clemenceau tif files in a zip for you to some storage I have. Will post the link once the file finishes uploading.

If you have more you want let me know.

3. NickMyers

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

It comes up as unavailable :(

Karl - right click the plans and do 'Save target as...' no problems that way.

5. NickMyers

Ugh. Interesting. Either they suspended my account for hosting a 37mb zip file, or i happened to upload that on the last day of the hosting contract which we forgot to renew...
    Edit: Was the hosting contract. Fixed.

6. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

I got the files. Thanks for your help.

7. phill

phill Active Member

For those who are interested in French ships... I am getting a new boat shop and intend to spend the fall setting it up. This winter I plan to build a mold for the Algerie cruiser. Assuming that goes well, I plan to build a mold for the Provence the following year. I will probably be open to requests for other French hulls after that.
    I found probably a 4x8 worth of fine grain 1/4 plywood scraps at a yard sale for $4. Looks like material for cross sections to me :)
    The shop is not connected to the house and will be insulated and heated so I can do fiberglass work during the winter. I will probably also open the shop up on a monthly basis for build sessions. (near Olympia, WA)

8. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Phil
    That is great news.
    The Algerie is my favorite French cruiser.
    I would also like to build a Provence at some point.
    Keep us posted.
    Mikey