Started on my Courbet hull today after cleaning out the shop. Previous project was a Torqueflite 727 transmission rebuild for my 1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. Previous transmission didn't last long behind the mopar 440 (7.2L) big block I built and swapped in, so had to tear it down and rebuild it. Now that the transmission is whole again it was relocated to the dolly to roll out to the Jeep when the weather permits, and I was able to clean up the whole shop and workstation to get really working on Courbet. After having seen how effective the Courbets were during the 2019 battling season I was/am super stoked to build this boat. I've never had a really "slug it out" battleship, every boat I've battled has been 24 seconds and over 5 feet long. So Courbet, being my first dreadnought type battleship, is a refreshing change of pace both in terms of construction and in terms of operational capability. I've got casemates! OMG! Anyway, construction is going to be influenced by Jean Bart and what I've picked up over the last year battling a big baguette. Drivetrain is going to be dual 1000kv 35mm propdrive outrunners into Traxxas gearboxes, down to 4mm shafts through some 3/8" OD stainless steel stuffing tubes to 45mm 4 blade props. ESC's are Hobbyking X-Car 120a units. The propshaft/stuffing tube assemblies were all built out of spare Jean Bart parts, and they were super beefy for Bart so they're extremely overkill for Courbet. Sounds like they're perfect! The one thing I learned with a similar shaft setup on Bart (which was promptly upgraded) was the 4mm shafts need adapting to the easy to find 5mm bore gears in the gearbox. Bart had stainless bushings made to slide over the shafts and allow the 5mm gear to work properly. They proved to be a nuisance and were deleted in favor of larger 5mm shafts. On Courbet's shafts, I am going to weld the stainless adapters to the propeller shafts to ensure engagement 100% of the time. The major downside is this removes the ability to pull the shaft out of the boat via the prop, the prop will need to be removed and the shaft extracted up into the boat. Minor maintenance issue, but I can live with it. If it proves to be a problem, the Bart solution will be implemented and Courbet will also receive massive 5mm shafts. The props are Raboesch 45mm 4 blade, I had very similar props on Jean Bart (obviously those were much larger) before I swapped to Kort style props. I am going to give these a shot on Courbet because I have them, can always swap out later if necessary. Pump is a standard BC type with a 28mm can 2200kv outrunner, same setup as in Bart, using a Hobbyking 60a ESC. I've had good results with this setup (so long as it works!) so I'm planning to run it here, but I am also building a drop-in brushed motor solution in case of failures. Fire control is where things are a little weird. I have a stockpile of industrial surplus 24v Spartan Scientific solenoids, so I'm planning on using them instead of dropping a ton of cash on more 6v solenoids. Right now the plan is to run the two 11.1v batteries on two circuits, one battery powering drive and the 2nd battery powering pump. Then I'll have leads connecting them in series just for the firing circuits. Time will tell if this is a good idea or not, the alternative is to just get a small 6S pack just to operate the guns. Anyhoo, enough typing. Here's some pics of me setting the shafts in the boat. Tomorrow I'll hopefully be able to give some more. I'm not very good with fiberglass so we'll see how this turns out.