Gearing, Gearing, Capitani

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by Nate G, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

BC lite-03 alone: 66 grams or 2.33 ounces
    KEG REG w gauge and knob removed and brass plug added: 104.5 gm, or 3.7 ounces
    BC reg + threaded adapter:109.9 gm or 3.87 oz.
    empty 18 gm CO2 cart: 41.6 g or 1.46 oz.

KEGREG is a 0-150 max adjustment on this model

2. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

Post-Nats report:
    for a variety of reasons, I ran the Gearing the full week at Nats.
    Cannon - The Predator flat out works. hits hard and , once set up properly, did not double for me. did not have to touch the tweak the rest of the week. This needs good gas flow and with a big tank and the BC ultralight reg, it works great.
    Regulator - the beverage regulator works but getting the full 150 psi can be tricky and units vary. The one I used at Nats went easily to about 135 and when I tried to use a wrench to get it higher, it zoomed to hose bursting pressure. When used at a lower safe pressure, it operated the gun "OK" but not with the 5 shot performance of the BC reg. After the first battle, I changed to that for the duration and was quite happy.
    Pump - the stock pump is a good buy. For $10 it is a set it in the boat and forget it easy to use. If you battle carefully as a destroyer and stay out of trouble, it will handle damage satisfactorily. If you get a little too frisky, you will sink. I changed to the BC micro pump. It works great! I had one sitting around that I bought many years ago, swapped it in and it moves water well. after about 2 days , it gave out and started making screeching noises and bad vibrations. When disassembled, I found that the original motor had a plastic bushing on the output. I had never used it in battle only home testing. also, to make speed, I had gone from 2S to 3S and it couldn't take the strain. Not having a good 3S capable replacement in my box, Brian Lamb kindly loaned me his spare motor and mount. It did well.
    more to come. need to go back to work.

modelshipsahoy and Lou like this.