"general discussion" forum and important topics

Discussion in 'Website Suggestions' started by Kotori87, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

I just noticed that this forum is missing a very important topic. It's called "general discussion" and it's a place for any subjects of discussion that don't fit into the other categories. All the current topics in this forum are fairly specific and technical, and there's no place for people to ask about the battle of Savo Island, which boat to build, or the history of model warship combat.

If there is to be such a topic, there are several important threads to have there. Namely: "what boat should I build?", "comparison of different rulesets", and "history of model warship combat". These three threads, especially the which boat thread, are probably the biggest questions I hear.

2. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Very good point! I have added the extra categories. Any other suggested categories?

3. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

not quite what I had in mind. I was thinking of just one category, called "general discussion" and having the three topics as threads that have been stickied. For example, Visit this site has one category devoted to model warship combat general discussion. That's one place where all model warship combat-related threads are posted. In that category, there are several threads that were considered important enough to sticky, that now reside at the top of the threads list for all to see.

4. JustinScott

Ok... However, I can see "what is the best ship" coming up enough to have its own forum.

5. Craig

Craig Active Member

Ummmmmm just something I've noticed. Justin, you wouldn't happen to have advertising set to the forum would you? When I am here I notice very persistent ads. Ones for a survey , a free X360 and one other one. I've got adaware and such and these keep popping up just on the forum. Wonder if it is an eastlink thing too. Something doesn't like something for sure.

6. JustinScott

Ummm.... No? I have no advertising in the site. Please tell me if anyone else is experiencing this. I guess its possible someones hacked into some of the systems; although I find it more likey that your computer has a virus.

7. Craig

Craig Active Member

Have virus scanned and adaware'd and such.... and can find no reason for the damned things to pop up. Again, it is only on the forum. Bizarre. I will be flogging the drive soon anyways. We'll see what happens.

8. JustinScott

OK, keep me informed. I didn't write anything that would show adverts, nor have I ever seen any.

9. Craig

Craig Active Member

ok. Now something weird is happening and it is on a different computer... I don't get pop-ups, but, I have trouble loggin in and I try to make changes or delete a post and it reappears as it did before. Heck, I couldn't even get into the members area.

10. Craig

Craig Active Member

think i may have figured this one out. If this comes up again. When logging in, be patient and let it redirect you. This might have been a problem with my speed of typing. Sorry bout that Justin.