German Archives

Discussion in 'Full Scale' started by Quintanius, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Quintanius

Quintanius Member

2. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

3. Quintanius

Quintanius Member

There are an amazing amount of pictures from any amount of vessels in there...Schlachtschiff, Schwerer Kreuzer, Werf, Zerstoerer, U-Boot, etc are all nice searches. The Bismarck collection is amazing - has tons I never seen before.
    What I found most distressing, was that the German Government Censored the picture that shows the sinking of the Hood. It sais that the picture shows the hood in the upper left background (two columns of smoke - probably from the stern and bow section) and the Prince of Wales fleeing the battle, with the Bismarck shooting salvoes after her. But it is what it is...I'm sure they have their reason. Just very suprised and a reminder that not all nations have such transparency as the US. Makes me appreciate it so much more, to live over here. :)
    Anyway - great archives. reading some of the letters is fascinating also.
    Thomas

4. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

It makes it easier if you cab reads German I guess :), I wasn't able to figure out any of the edited ones, course my work computer won't translate anything either.
    J

5. Quintanius

Quintanius Member

Yup - but there are tons of translation things out there that at least will give you a gist, or ask me. I'm German.