German ZH-1

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Gary Powell, May 30, 2016.

1. Gary Powell

Gary Powell Well-Known Member

When Germany rapidly expanded across Europe early in the war, they found themselves in possession of many incomplete ships currently under construction by the defeated countries. The Netherlands was building several destroyers of the Issac Sweers Class and not all of them were able to escape the invading German Army. The Germans took one of these ships and completed it as the ZH-1.

IMG_3457.JPG
    John Kort's new DKM ZH-1 in combat 27/May/2016

Since the ship was completed by the Germans, it has a decidedly "German" appearance, very similar to the Z-Boats and other torpedo ships of the Kriegsmarine. The ZH-1 is armed with two 50 shot guns,; the front is capable of rotating and depressing. For a comparison, see the 27 May event recap in the Pacific Model Warship thread and you will find a picture of Jim Webb's completed HNLMS Issac Sweers.

2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Do go on, show us more

3. Gary Powell

Here you have it; as requested. I didn't have a solo picture of this ship, so I had left it out. Believe it or not, here we have the ZH-2 and the ZH-1. The Kort brothers in another winter time building frenzy came out with these two new ships this weekend.
    IMG_3703.JPG
    ZH-2 (David) in black and grey camo. The ZH-1 (John) in the blue, white and black camo.

4. NickMyers

It is a very nice looking ship. However, I suggest skimming this thread: https://rcwarshipcombat.com/threads/informational-section.444599/ and some of the others in this subforum.
    The goal of this subforum is to break ships down in detail to help other builders, not just to show a very nice looking ship on the water.

I was quite excited to seem some QO threads in here, so I am hopeful that you will flesh them out. Otherwise I can move these to the Photo&Video sub, or perhaps create a new sub entitled 'Portrait of a Warship'

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  5. Gary Powell

I am fine either way. I just wanted to make sure that the captains that had built new ships this year were being recognized for their efforts. I know that in these threads, we will post more pictures of the internal aspects of the ships as time goes by It's hard when we have so many new ships appearing in just the past two months.

rcaircraftnut and NickMyers like this.
  6. NickMyers

great! can't wait to see the internal layouts and hear more about the construction techniques and processes!