Informational Section

Discussion in 'From Stem to Stern: Warships In Detail' started by NickMyers, Nov 22, 2015.

1. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

This subforum is focused on details of completed ships.
    We have a sub for ongoing builds, but many of those builds are not truly finished in those threads and many that are, lack a sense of reflection on the completed ship, and many ships exist without any information on them at all. This subforum seeks to address that by providing a place to document completed warships as they are.

Want to contribute?
    Great! Take a bunch of pictures and make a new thread. The ships need not be a paragon of building excellence, what is more important is that 1) they are completed and 2) that you are able and willing to write about them in conjunction with a series of photos of the ship and its systems. Discuss what works well, what doesn't work well, etc. The ship need not be your own, if you have access to other's ships and they have no objections.

Other sites containing views and breakdowns inside warships:
    Chris' Pearce's page: http://www.scrapcombatships.com/commodore/warships/warships.html
    PortPolarBear's articles (a major influence on the creation of this subforum): http://www.portpolarbear.com/reports/index.html

Panzer, KeriMorgret and GeekSpeed like this.
  2. GeekSpeed

GeekSpeed Active Member

This section is a GREAT idea.

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I have a few I could post. Can I somehow just transfer the thread over to this one? Examples are Bismarck, Roma, Yamato, . Missouri I will leave out as it is not outfitted with cannons yet and NC Carolina was being built for combat but the only thing missing is the cannons and plumbing and poppets for firing . I could post that one as well . I have the Viribus Unitis ship Prinze Eugen that was built for Combat.

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Oh I do have an article from Scale Ship Modeler of the Refit of my Bismarck for RC Combat. It appeared in their last issue. I could scan the magazine and the pages containing the article and photos and post them here too if that is alright.

5. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

@CURT - do they match the goals of this sub and fit here better than whereever they are? if so, tag them me in them, or report the first post in them so we can take a look / move them.

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Ok will do. Bismarck, PE, Roma, were all completed for Combat and I have the most photos for them. Yamato has a smaller record but I may have more pictures to post or I think I already have them in my Media under Yamato.

froggyfrenchman likes this.