getting started

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by zackcon2, Dec 10, 2007.

1. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

how is a way to get started with a inexpencive ship with ok fire power but is fast??[?]

2. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Go with a cruiser, Des Mones has 3 guns, and its fairly fast. Here is the link.

Visit this site

3. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

well u see that confuses me on what every thing is and what i would need to get started. and i was wanting a different cind of turet the ones that are statinary that just point down on both sides. which i wouldnt mind some that move.

4. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

is it ok to use mostly custom parts that you make..... and can u put like a spike on the front to ram other boats[:D]

5. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

The best way to get started is go to a battle and look at the ships. you'll learn a lot and either get hooked completly or find out it's not for you. I've had lots of people come to battles with your same thought, raming spike, exsplosive mines, bombs, planes, torpedoes, shot gun shells, fire, acid... You name it someone thought of it. The MWC main page has a DVD you can buy that goes over the hobby and how the battles and ships work.
    Rookies should start with a cruiser like the Des Moines or a battle cruiser like the Von Der Tan or Lion. They are easier to build and battle. You'll have more fun and stick around longer if you start with the right ship. The MWC has a bunch of guys in GA, contact one of them. Maybe they're close enough to drive or one weekend.

6. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

the wmc is..... and are raming spikes ok or not

7. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

after you buy the hull kit then what else do i need to get

8. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

no, ramming is forbidden.

9. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Go look in the For Sale section of this forum. There is a LOT of boats going up for sale. It's a good way to get a pretty good deal on a new or used ship.

10. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

The MWC is one of the clubs in this hobby.
    http://www.mwci.org/
    The DVD is at:
    http://www.mwci.org/mwcidvd.shtml

11. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

the web pages dount work [xx(]

12. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Try www.modelwarshipcombat.com

:)

13. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

David can tell yopu a bit about how the lay out would be on a Des Moines since he has mine currently for woreing. Only thing I fear about the Des Moines is she is as long as the NC and the Bismark and has one rudder verses their two rudders. So Turning is going to be poor I am sure, but she is a forgiving ship for learning to do layout on most stuff.