Globalization????

Discussion in 'General' started by Craig, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Isn't it obvious? Clearly he means "how long before the professional league is formed, and I can get paid big $$$ sponsorships to travel the world playing boats?"

2. Craig

Craig Active Member

BRING IT ON! Love that! That is my big idea for this sport precisely. When is this happening my good man?

3. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

I was actually approached by someone trying to do that very thing. I tried to encourage him, but explain where the risks were... I think I scared him off. His business model was just not clear; it sounded more like he was trying to start a club. He said he would get back to me when his full business model was finished, but that was Christmas & no word yet.

I was supportive but realistic; I didn't shut him down, but asked the hard questions. The way I figure it is, if he was really serious; asking him to clarify his idea shouldn't have even slowed him down.

4. Craig

Craig Active Member

Hmmmmmmm, the approach is sound.... Justin? Maybe take what is good and use it as a basic foundation. With support and a rally cry, we can get behind this and make something of it.... I would speak further of this, Curt and I hashed a lot of thsi out.... it would work, but, not without a half dozen SOLID guys behind it. You need a good core group.

5. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Acutally, one of my cousins works in Hollywood as a video editor. I bet I could convince him to help me out, and we could do a Model Warship Combat documentary in the spirit of the surfing movie "Endless Summer". You know, travelling the world, fighting and sinking ships at every place I visit, for an entire year. Film it all, and put it together for release in movie theaters worldwide. Of course, yours truly would be the star :)

From there, a professional league would be much easier to form. At the very least, there'd be a boost in the sport's popularity.

6. JustinScott

What's that? -->Mine<-- truly would be the star?? Your so kind!

7. Craig

Craig Active Member

I actually want to do a documentary of the sport. I have since I purchased my camera last fall... hmmmm.....

8. JustinScott

Nothing sells theater tickets like a documentary... :)

9. Craig

Craig Active Member

Michael Moore shoulda jumped on this first!

10. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I don't think that even my rediculously over-engineered Vanguard hull would withstand THAT.