Gone, not forgotten

Discussion in 'MWC (defunct)' started by Lou, Jan 1, 2015.

1. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

2. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

I'm a bit confused by the demise of MWC. Does it mean each club is on its own to make its own rules? There's no more NATS?

3. WillCover

WillCover -->> C T D <<--

The local clubs like GLAS (Great lakes attack squadron) that I belong to will go over to IRCWCC

4. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Yes the MWC no longer exists. No more member dues, no more insurance from those dues. If you want to battle you should join the IRC and get NAMBA insurance. All the members I talk to wither were also IRC members in the past or are going to be this year.

5. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

It means that there will be a ginormous IRCWCC Nats!!! :)

6. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

My question is more curiosity than anything else. I've never really had the time to pursue this hobby given the distance to a club, the closest being SCRAP. I don't believe they have any intention of joining IRCWCC. I always got the impression there was some bad blood between personalities from those groups that helped lead to the creation of MWC in the first place, but I may be mistaken. It was all before my time.

7. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Back in the late 90s there was some bad blood with a few poeple in the irc. The mwc broke away and the "worse" guys in the irc stopped playing. The mwc was the larger more national club. By 04-05 the east coast mwc guys were battling with irc guys again. There was some talk about getting the two clubs back together around 2010. We pretty much had a joint NATS in 2012. There's so many people now who only know stories and we're not part of the break up it not a big deal any more. There are a few guys from mwc who feel alittle odd about going back. There is one guy who I don't think will be welcomed back at all. But he has no intention of going IRC and would never travel out of his local area. He has been preaching for years how there should be no Nationals at all.
    I really don't see the IRC/mwc personalities being an issue. There will always be personality conflicts within a larger group of people. The issue becomes when group a and group b both get large enought that everyone in group c is forced to start picking sides. I hope we all learned not to do this again.

PrepmasterNick and absolutek like this.