Good-Bye Captain

Discussion in 'General' started by CURT, Jul 5, 2021.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Fellow Battlers and Captains. It saddens me to inform that one of our forum members, and Dear Friend to me and to the North Atlantic Battle Squadron (NABS) . Has left this world after a long courageous battle with Cancer.

Captain Paul Mckinnon of Nabs here in Nova Scotia Canada passed away at 10 am Atlantic Time. Paul was a Giant gentle sole with a sharp wit and infectious smile. He enjoyed his time at NATS in 09 and 2010 where he participated with his Sodak and Prinze Eugene ( Rubber Shark bow mounted) He participated in several battle events and shows in Nova Scotia and he frequently visited Newfoundland where I got a chance to hang out with him for a day or so because of his short stay. He loved talking ships and he visited my shipyard. During his battle with Cancer he continued to build his ships , redid his garage into a shipyard and built up a fleet of small ships. Covid prevented us from getting together last year so I had planned a trip to Nova Scotia to hang out with him and sail our models together. I had plans made to be there in 3 weeks but sadly Paul had passed . I still am going there with my ship so that I can honour his memory and sail where he first battled his USS South Carolina and have a drink to him . A fantastic human being, a kind Soul and Best friend.

Curt

Panzer, Nomercy, WillCover and 3 others like this.
  2. darkapollo

darkapollo Well-Known Member

:(
    I will raise a glass in his honor

Panzer likes this.
  3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Thankyou .

4. Justin Ragucci

Justin Ragucci Well-Known Member

A glass has been raised in his honor and I will raise a glass in his honor next week at NATs.

Panzer likes this.
  5. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Thank you.

6. Evan Fowler

Evan Fowler Well-Known Member

Sorry for the loss and never having a chance to meet him. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. Flag at half mast at our home. Dont know what he liked but I'll pour some captain out for a lost captain. Bottoms up

Panzer likes this.
  7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

He did like a Drink . I'm sure he would appreciate the drink.
    Thank you .He was trying to get his ships built for another Nats . He would have loved it .

Beaver and Panzer like this.
  8. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

I was hoping Curt, Paul and I would be able to attend NATS post-Covid when the border is open again. Paul was a very active member of NABS and a keen modeller.

CURT likes this.
  9. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

Sigh. Sad to hear. A delightful gentleman.
    as with most on this side of the border, my only face to face with Paul was at the Rhode island Nats. Good memories.

He reached out to me last fall with details of what he was going through and hoped to get a grace period after the last round of treatments and come to Nats ... this week.
    Goodbye Sir. My sympathies to his family.

We will remember him in Oakboro.

Mark41 and CURT like this.
  10. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Thanks Nate.

11. Nomercy

Nomercy Well-Known Member

Sad day indeed.....