Good Luck (Storm)

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by Gettysburg114th, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Hey guys,
    Good luck with the storm that is headed your way.

2. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Thanks Bobobsan!
    I drove home from our cottage in the neighboring province of New Brunswick this evening. Hurricane Ike was supposed to be heading up the Bay of Fundy into NB around midnight so I expected only a little rain near the end of the 4 hour drive.

However as I approached Halifax from the east the driving conditions got steadily worse. I had to slow from 110 to 70 KPH due to a strong crosswind and driving rain, poor visibility and hydroplaning conditions.

On arrival home I checked the National Hurricane Center and found the hurricane has swerved east and will pass about 40 miles north of us instead of over a hundred miles away. Winds are gusting strongly at present, but it will be 3-4 hours until the storm reaches its closest point to us. Could be an interesting night!

Bob

3. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

The latest update from the weather network has Ike coming ashore in Yarmouth and coming right up the Annapolis Valley where Jason and my family live. If it does this will be hurricane number 2 for my family.

4. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

BE safe there chuck. It is blowing like crazy here in Halifax. Only 9 minutes until I end my shift for the day.

5. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Other than a few tree limbs on the road there seems to have been no damage from Hurricane Kyle in my neighborhood. It didn't follow the last track predicted by the U.S. National Hurricane Center but passed further west across the Bay of Fundy.

Bob

6. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

We didnt get hit much. Some high winds, rain, and limbs on the road. Only a small part of the valley here without power.

7. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

All we got was alot aof rain