Graf Zeppelin

Discussion in 'IRCWCC' started by modelshipsahoy, Sep 9, 2018.

1. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

No Graf Zeppelin on the ship list?

Just had breakfast with my Father in Law and found out he was aboard the Graf Zeppelin as a child. His father was friends with the captain and he was set free to play aboard then got lost for several hours below.

Would like to build this ship for him, but do not see it on the list.

2. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

It would possible come under the general aircraft carrier speed and unit rules but.... I don't think it was ever completed so ..... that might be a hang up as to legality. Used as a cargo ship, who would care.

3. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

Might just have to grab a commercial model of it and build for him. No sense in building a 71” cargo ship.

Talk of model ships got him rolling...89 years old. Was hiding in his own basement when an allied bomb took the second and third levels of his house.... don’t ever think you got it tough.

NickMyers likes this.
  4. pba

pba Active Member

It is legal in treaty and big gun

Panzer and modelshipsahoy like this.
  5. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

To get into the warship list the ship must be commissioned into service. The Zepp was not commissioned so you can’t use it as a warship. But carriers are useless as warships. The convoy ship rules are a little looser and you can run it as a pumpless convoy ship. Basicly any ship that moved and would be considered a military target can be a convoy. Even non military targets like hospital ships are convoys.

6. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

Just saw this. I believe Dave Tuttle built one. It was used in Campaign at Conron, oh, 15 years ago.