Greetings everyone I need some help

Discussion in 'IRCWCC' started by MasterDeepFog, May 24, 2020.

1. MasterDeepFog

MasterDeepFog Member

I hope everyone is doing well in the crazy times. I am currently building a new ship the Prinz Eugen and could use some advice when it comes to getting her ready for battle I’m going to get the hardware kit from BC for the propellers but when arming I’m unsure about where to get cannons or should I try to build them myself and other ideas on how to set up or building this baby would be most appreciated and thanks in advance

2. Litch42f

Litch42f Well-Known Member

BC also has cannons that work well for sale and it would probably be better to buy some starting out before attempting to build them.

MasterDeepFog likes this.
  3. MasterDeepFog

MasterDeepFog Member

I’ve been looking at the kits they have but I can seem to figure out what kit to buy or what’s included in some of them since they all show the same picture

4. Mark41

Mark41 Active Member

Reach out to Charley or Lee at Battler's Connection. Both are very helpful as well as the guys here on this site. I agree with purchase cannons, solenoids, regulator and bottle. Later if so technically inclined check out how and why they work if you want to try building your own cannons.
    PE is a good looking ship and has lots of good options for cannon setup. I'd set it up with dual stern cannons and 1 unit pump.

rcaircraftnut likes this.
  5. Litch42f

Litch42f Well-Known Member

So based on what Mark said it sounds like you would want a 2 unit dual set up kit from BC. Essentially 2 50 rd straight mag cannons with the associated plumbing. Depending on your budget I feel the easiest setup is solenoids (one per cannon) and the BC Multi-C board which will fire the solenoid powered cannons and also be able to control your bilge pump.

6. MasterDeepFog

MasterDeepFog Member

Ok I will definitely get in contact withBC and get some ordered to get her armed and ready I’m just waiting on the hull to arrive so I can begin the cutting stage to make her legal for combat thank you for the ideas

7. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

Hope all is well and you are making progress on your build. any chance you can make it up for even part of the Nats? you can get a boatload of help from the biggest group of competitors anywhere.

8. MasterDeepFog

MasterDeepFog Member

Hey Nate I’m doing good here hope you are as well and I’m going to try to get to Nats even if I can’t compete

9. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

Super. if you need any info or help, reach out.

10. MasterDeepFog

MasterDeepFog Member

Ok fellow captains got another question this time it’s about battery packs I’m looking at the ZIPPY 5000mAh 2S1P 30C Hardcase Pack any thoughts about this? Are they good or has anyone has issues during sorties?

11. Iunnrais

Iunnrais Active Member

I've run hardcase lipos in my Lutzow the past few years. No complaints so far.

12. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Am i the only one who runs the NiMH and NiCD..
    Nikki

13. MasterDeepFog

MasterDeepFog Member

Who knows it will be fun to try out some different batteries to see what I like best and what works well for the PE lol

14. wdodge0912

wdodge0912 Well-Known Member

IIRC someone is running 8000mah Zippy batteries in their boat, 3s though. I used to run Zippy batteries when I raced. I am running 3sMultistar and Zeee softpacks myself for my Baden, and probably the rest of my fleet when that materializes, but have them contained in a holder that should hopefully protect them.

As for NiMH or NiCd, I know there are 10ah NiMH cells that people run in 5 cell 6v packs. NiMH is better than NiCd, so I would assume those using either of those battery chemistries would be using NiMH. Otherwise there is SLA and LiFe cell batteries as well.

15. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

I like the life chemistry batteries myself. However in smaller ships they get hard to fit in sometimes.

16. wdodge0912

wdodge0912 Well-Known Member

I was thinking for a small ship like a destroyer (as I eventually want to build one after the CVS reciept length list of other ships I want) one could use smaller cells, something like 18650s. Would just need to wire them in series and parallel for whatever capacity or voltage is required. I was thinking the A123 LiFePO4 26650 Rechargeable Cell: 3.3V 2500 mAh, 50A Rate. 2 or 3 in series for voltage should be plenty for such a little ship I'd imagine, wouldn't need any more capacity than that would be my guess. The are smaller than a D cell battery (that would be a 32600 size) so it should fit. I would skip a D Cell though unless using some kind of holder for them so I wouldn't have to solder on the battery, as there are 32700s that have 6000mah. so only 10mm longer for over twice the capacity, and they are usually cheaper too from what I've found.

rcaircraftnut likes this.