Greetings from Ireland

Discussion in 'IRCWCC' started by warspite, Jul 19, 2022.

1. warspite

warspite Active Member

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed Nats this year and seeing a bunch of old friends and meeting some new ones.

I moved overseas 7 years ago during a rough patch in the hobby, and sold most of my ships and was resigned to never battle again.

Except….

Wade offered to to keep my stuff in his attic “just in case”

Bob organised a cross country relay to get all my stuff up to his house when wades house was wiped out by a storm.

Bob rebuilt my Kongo using all my old components and quite a bit of new ones

And my wife litteraly pushed me out the door to fly across the Atlantic for a week with the boys.

So anyway…best hobby ever! Thanks to everyone especially Bob, Tyler, and the rest of Port Polar bear making it possible for me to get back on the water…

Now if I can only find another Westfalen hull I will be back in business…

Cheers from Ireland,

Stangel

Attached Files:

Nomercy, Panzer, Evan Fowler and 6 others like this.
  2. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

It was good seeing you at Nats, John ... now if I could just remember where that Westfalen went. (It was in my house for a while, then it crawled away)

3. Evan Fowler

Evan Fowler Well-Known Member

Happy to have had the opportunity to meet you. Hope yo see you again. Till then take care

4. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

Was great to meet you John, We all hope you can make it again soon. Stay safe and hope to see you on the water!
    Craig