Greetings from Tacoma, Washington

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by coyote, Nov 24, 2020.

1. coyote

coyote Member

Hello all,

I've been aware of the hobby and occasionally lurked on this forum for over a decade but until recently haven't lived anywhere near an active group. Last spring however I've moved back to my home state Washington after many years away, so when the times of plague have passed I'm keen to maybe check out a Washington Cascade Column battle sometime.

Format wise I'm slightly more attracted to the big gun aesthetic, in part because campaign, the type of battle I'm most drawn to, seems more popular in big gun clubs than elsewhere. But given close proximity to a fast gun club I'm leaning that direction for practicality's sake.

While building a new ship from hull up sounds splendid fun, I live in a 9th floor apartment with limited workspace, and lack natural aptitude at tinkering with motors, so figure logistically it may be best to pick up a used ship at some point to learn from before I attempt building anything myself. That said, if a hull of one of my favourite ships pops up for sale who's to say whether I'll be able to resist =)

I'm a historian focused primarily on British social history so probably aiming to end up with something royal navy. Though Arizona is an old favourite too, so we'll see.

2. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

Pm myself or Nick and we will get you on the email list for the next build day