Greetings I am new to the hobby

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by USN Brat Breshears, Nov 21, 2016.

1. USN Brat Breshears

USN Brat Breshears New Member

Hello my husband is into racers I have recently after a WWCC event have fallen for combat rc and war ships I actually found here by looking for them if you would like to learn more about me and my little family consisting of myself,my husband Kenneth Anderson (member of NAMBA district 9),and our breeding pair of purebred American Staffordshire Bull Terriers (Male black and white piebald), A1K's Buddha Babyboy and (Female blue with white flash show markings)APAS's/A1K's Cadence Wings feel free to visit my page

Attached Files:

2. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Welcome to the greatest hobby ever! So you seemed to have already done the typical first step suggested which is find your local club. This is the first step because it is way easier to get started with this hobby and stay in it if you have active club members to meet with and ask questions. This also allows you use club loaners to get you on the water fast. I know WWCC has both club combat loaners and cargo loaners. WWCC is big gun and first ships recommended usually is a cargo to practice building as well as their simplicity to get on the water.

How much rc building experience do y'all have? That's a good place to start for choosing a ship. In your other posts I've seen you have mentioned The USS JFK? Nothing says you can't build it but it is unfortunately ineligible for combat as the hobby focuses on ww1 &ww2 era scale ships. But Carriers are legal ships and can be quite "deadly" along with being huge in our scale.

3. USN Brat Breshears

I personally don't have any building experience however I do have a husband whom has tons of rc model experience so I'm very lucky however he is currently building a video taking sub at the moment and although available for brain picking is quite busy with his new prototype

4. USN Brat Breshears

Oh and thank-you for welcoming me

5. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

In that case a cargo vessel or a "used" boat is usually what we suggest for a new builder. Cargo is easy to build and let's you learn the basics without space constraints of armed boats. WWCC has the club loaners specifically to get you on the water faster.

We just had our big end of the season event but there will be build sessions in the off season which would be perfect to attend bc you will get a lot off experienced builders to help prevent some of the rookie mistakes.

Get in touch with Rob Wood, he is WWCC president and will be able to help figure out when the next build session is. Also Jeff K. is on here as well and a lot of build session are taking place at his house.

6. Gary Powell

Gary Powell Well-Known Member

If your interested, most of the combat in the Sacramento Area is with Pacific Model Warship Club. We have several members in Sacramento, Roseville, Loomis and Auburn. Where Western will play at Lake Minden twice a year, we play in Lincoln every month between March and November. We also have several ready to go warship available if you are interested. Just let me know. Big difference is we run 1/72 destroyers and WWCC runs one shot torpedo cruisers and merchant ships.

Gary Powell
    Pacific Model Warship