Grey Armada

Discussion in 'Website Suggestions' started by JustinScott, Jan 6, 2007.

1. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Moved from another section.

So are we talking about a used list of ships, or a complete listing of all ships people own?

2. Craig

Craig Active Member

This can be for both. The "Grey Armada" term is to list any ship from hull to completed gamepiece that can be sold/bartered/traded away by the owner. You can also list what you have so that someone trading for a 75% completed Bismarck can look at the others on list and fire questions their way. It gives a view of just what is out there from the respective Clubs/Areas of this sport.

For Example(and this would be all anyone would need to put to keep things short and sweet)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My list of ships include the list below all in 1/144 and fast gun.

BISMARCK - Is my main combat vessel.
    NORTH CAROLINA - Has been relegated to back up and may join the GREY ARMADA( if interested contact )
    NEWFOUNDLAND - GREY ARMADA 30% complete (hull cut, shafts, props, deck, superstructure, paint)
    SHINANO - Prototype. Convoy Vessel. Active and still under construction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully that makes sense... let the posts fly... can't wait to see what is out there.

3. Craig

Craig Active Member

Justin, do other people know this is here? Cause I think this woudl go of great for those looking to get into the sport. I will be promoting this thread when taking to prospects.... hmmmmmm.

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

IJN Hyuga BBCV-Under construction, fast gun
    IJN Agano-Long and lean Japanese light cruiser(fast gun)
    HMS Vanguard-GREY ARMADA-Hull complete, some superstructure, shafts, rudder, 6 .177" fast gun cannons
    HMS Invincible-Tubby lil boat, took 34 belows and a lot of aboves last nats and didn't sink. Spent her "5 out of control" between 2 Bismarcks. (fast gun) Not for sale/trade, but is a loaner boat if someone wants to try fast gun in south Georgia
    FS Mogador-GREY ARMADA-fiberglass hull with decks not attached, bought from Battler's Connection

Is that how you guys were envisioning it?

5. JustinScott

Yeah... but I believe they were invisioning not in a threat but an actual system on the website itself. We can start with a thread, but would have to move over when the system comes online & I'm not going to move everyones boats!!!! :)

6. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

LOL No fooling, that'd be a lot of work for one guy. I'd talk with MWC's Brian Koehler, he did the forms and databases for our main site.

7. JustinScott

Look around... this site is already a lot of work. I wouldn't insert the data, just provide the framework. Besides, remember, I have the rest of my life to work at this. There are no deadlines in a personal project! :) The site is already stable & operational & (cross my fingers) successful...

Now all I have to do is phase in all the goodies! (& get the globalization working, yes I know craig/curt)

@craig/curt heheh... I rag on you all the time about that, I think its funny as hell. I hope you aren't getting offended! :)

Brian & I have talked; we were meaning to have a "conference of the minds" sooner or later... but I'm unreliable with telephones (great with email & forum) & I think he's busy... I'll have to follow up with that.

8. Craig

Craig Active Member

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... juss kiddin' no worries, you should be seeing a few canadians and australians now. You might start a revolt Justin. We might start up the AusCanRC Naval Combat Forum! :)

No worries thou, do what you can do in your time. I do the same... it is time consumming though. Curt was talking to me on the phone and I agree, this forum stuff is like crack. We are addicts! Break out the coffee only 20 more posts to go! I can do it! LOL Talk at you soon,

9. Craig

Craig Active Member

The Grey Armada may need it's on webspace. People could post here and the administrator of the site could handle copying and pasting his info into the collective. May it be organized and heavy on the assimilation.

10. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Ahh yes the collective sounds like Borg Invasions. let the ASSIMULATION BEGIN!I am Locurtis of Borg..Resistance is Futile Craig!

11. Craig

Craig Active Member

Borg King Craig the first. Back to humanity drone! Your distinctiviness is like all other drones. You drone on all the time. Talk on the phone, drone. Write an email, drone. Talk to the drive-thru at Timmy's, drone. Drone. Drone. Drone. *sighs* Drone.....

12. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

WATCH IT.. theres an ARMED DRONE heading your way.. oh I can hear him now .. a borg homer..
    INSTEAD OF DOH! Craig will say DRONE!

13. Craig

Craig Active Member

Hey wasn't this about ships? Man you get us off track Curt! :p

14. JustinScott

He really does doesn't he?

This is what I've been doing. I am creating a system that holds who has what ship, what they thought of that ship, if there are any available for sale, what spec the ship had (nationality, #rudders, cannons), and a diagram of the ship.

I do not want to get into the data insertion of this. So hold off on listing your ships here. I'm 'right now' working on interfacing with the forums log in system so we have 1 log in for everything (this is by far the most difficult part) and then I will knock out a 'grey armada' system.

15. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Cool looking forward to that.

16. Craig

Craig Active Member

HAHAHAHA That's the ticket!

17. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Ticket to what? JUST KIDDING .. DOH!

18. JustinScott

What are people going to care about / search for?

speed
    # props
    # rudders
    armor
    armament
    size
    weight
    class
    country
    axis/allied
    for sale
    rating

19. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Pretty much everthing you have there.

20. Craig

Craig Active Member

I would at a glance add where it is hailing from...