Gun Hook Up

Discussion in 'General' started by Radioman, May 30, 2022.

1. Radioman

Radioman Active Member

Does anyone know of a link that shows the connections from the co2 bottle to the guns. Is copper pipe use or 1/8 tubing.

2. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

Generally, we use pneumatic tubing, either polyurethane, or nylon. Myself, I prefer the nylon tubing when possible, as it's much less likely to fail in battle. For cruisers and other ships that at most have doubles, 5/32" tube is fine. For battleships with multiple/hungry guns, most people prefer 1/4" tube, for the extra flow. If you look at my web page here: https://www.scrapcombatships.com/commodore/warships/bismarck.html you can see an example of 1/4" nylon hose in a battleship. I have other examples on my website of a cruiser with 5/32 or my older NC with 5/32 hose connections. I really should update that sometime.
    Anyway, for example, you can acquire much of this stuff from Amazon nowadays. If you're using 1/8" NPT fittings, something like this would be a good start:

View: https://www.amazon.com/Straight-Release-Connectors-Connect-Fittings/dp/B07T3D7QQL/ref=sr_1_3?crid=VHFJA7LRKPS7&keywords=1%2F8+npt+to+1%2F4+push+to+connect&qid=1653972159&sprefix=1%2F4+to+1%2F8+npt+con%2Caps%2C99&sr=8-3

Just search for 5/32 or 1/4 to 10-32 or 1/8 npt push connect, or hose, etc. and you'll find all sorts of good stuff.

3. Radioman

Radioman Active Member

Thanks lot of good info. Your web page looks great. I now have a good starting point.

4. kgaigalas

kgaigalas Well-Known Member

When I need MULTIPLE connections I like copper tubing.
    I also like soldering.

IMG_0035.JPG

Boatmeister likes this.
  5. Radioman

Radioman Active Member

I think both methods will work together. Will find out with some testing.