Gun mounts for PVC pipe 2018-02-21

Used to mount guns when the barbet is made from PVC pipe

1. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

rcengr submitted a new resource:

Gun mounts for PVC pipe - Used to mount guns when the barbet is made from PVC pipe

Read more about this resource...

2. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

Hey, cool stuff. Just curious about the gun type specified, will my guns from strike work with this? They're soldered together, but I am not opposed to taking them apart to get them in the mount. Then again, I have never seen the guts of what I'm suggesting I disassemble. also, there seems to be a duplication of files, with "coupler" added to the file name, what are the differences between the two?

3. Xanthar

Xanthar Well-Known Member

I am curious. What does it look like assembled with cannons in it?

EDIT: I just realized these are probably for big gun... Is that true?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  4. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

@ Anvil_x - The guns I have from BC have the up tube removable and use a nylon insert and nut to hold the tube. If you unsolder the tube, make sure it is the correct fitting to use the compression insert and nut. Strictly speaking, you can cut a hole in the mount to insert a 1 piece gun, it may just be a little harder to maintain it at the pond. The coupler version of the mount uses the PVC fitting used to join pipe lengths together. So when you get up to 3" pipe that is almost 1/4" thick, the 3" coupler has an ID that is almost 1/2" bigger than the pipe itself. The coupler mounts give you a slightly wider range of sizes to choose from.

@ Xanthar - these mounts are for fastgun, nominally IRWCC or Treaty. We have a build session tomorrow and I'll see if I can get a picture of an assembled mount.

5. Anvil_x

Thanks for the reply! I'll see about printing one out for the C turret on my Texas and test that sucker out. If I mount a gun in that, it'll be a BC to make things easier.

6. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

You can unsolder the uptube on those Strike guns if feel up to it. Clamp the tee in a vise (to provide a heatsink so you don't unsolder your magazine) and heat the solder up till you can pull the uptube out. Once it's loose, quickly pull the uptube out and give the soldered area a quick wipe around with a cotton rag. It will take practically all the solder off and leave it nice and clean. Drill out any solder in the tee and you should be good to go with a BC style uptube hookup! :)

7. Anvil_x

Yeah I thought about it. but don't really feel like doing that sort of thing with the limited resources I have right now. Once I get down to WI and have a workshop instead of a one room cabin, we'll give it a look