Gun Testing Rig

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by Lou, May 30, 2015.

1. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

I have a need to test guns individually while not in the ship. I have a Kip, can someone post how to wire a push button with battery to trigger the gun? Basically a self contained unit that can be plugged into any gun for lakeside testing.
    I envision it with a 3.5 oz bottle, push button to trigger gun, Kip and some wiring.
    Maybe you have already made this, can you post how you did it?
    The need will be at lakeside if someone has a malfunctioning gun, you can take the gun and this rig to the pond side and test away from all the other battlers.

2. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Something like this?
    [​IMG]

The diode isn't really necessary in this circuit but it's good practice, same with switching the V+ line vs the GND (not required but good practice).

If you use a poppet you can scrap the battery and all the wiring... <--that might be the only time it's worth using a poppet to fire a gun.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2017
  3. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

What size battery (7.2 race pack to much?)

4. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Yeah that would work, it isnt going to be too picky as long as the voltage is high enough to trigger the solenoid. For a standard 6V KIP anything from 6V up to atleast ~14V(fully charged 4S LiFePO4) works fine.

5. Iunnrais

Iunnrais Active Member

Why not just stick a poppet on top of a spare regulator and add a bit of hose to connect to the gun?

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  6. McSpuds

McSpuds Vendor

He is probably trying to test the Kips with a gun before mounting them in the boat....