Gun Tweaking

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by tgalx3, May 6, 2023.

1. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

Is is smart to loosen the gun barrels to save the o-rings after every battle? Or should I just tweak them at the beginning of the season and forget about them?

2. Justin Ragucci

Justin Ragucci Well-Known Member

Realistically you will have to tweak the guns before every battle because some may become untweaked and you have to retweak them. Normally after a battle weekend I loosen them a bit but I have to tweak before each sortie because my guns some times over tweak from movement from carrying or what not.

tgalx3 likes this.
  3. TorpCruiser

TorpCruiser Active Member

Even though I don't have experience with cannons in this hobby, in airsoft, one of the biggest failure areas is distorted O-rings. Seems like it'd be a great idea to release any stress on them when not in use. Also, Aerospace 303 has been/is used to prolong the life of O-rings.

tgalx3 likes this.
  4. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

I’ve never loosened the o rings in my guns. The cruisers we use in campaign only typically get used at Nats. Guns most of the time are pretty close to tweaked after sitting for a year.

tgalx3 and Nomercy like this.
  5. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty lazy about that stuff. I have never really loosened my o-rings after a battle, because I just tweak them again at the next battle. It usually ends up not far from correct, unless I've had to pull a barrel for some reason. I've heard about O-rings wearing out, but I've run some O-rings for two years or more and they still tweak and fire just fine. Maybe I'd notice more of a difference if I was clocking every single shot with a chronograph but that's a lot of work.

tgalx3 likes this.