Happens in New Brunswick

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by Craig, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Craig

Craig Active Member

Ok. Looks like there is a get together being put on by Chris somewhere a little south of Fred and a little north of St. John... He`s got about eight locals that he has invited so far and asked if I and Chris would attend for a sail.

I have emailed him back and let him know there are plans on Sunday but would love to meet with the group after.... there is life in NB... who knew....

Also, Easterbook.... your name is spelled wrong in your little `quote thingy....

2. JRodgers

JRodgers Member

Craig,
    Are you guys planning on attending the get together at the Jennings house?

3. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Is there an actual battling club in NB? That would be cool. Please give an update as you learn any details.

What do you expect from an Officer, and an Army one at that.[:D]

4. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Hey Jay the Chris in question is Chris Osbourne not me, and from what Craig has told me Chris has himself and one other member and now the three of us for a total of 5 within a hour of each other. It could be the beginning of something who knows

5. Chris Easterbrook

After talking to Chris O and two of his friends this weekend there is some intrest here in NB this could be good for the hobby in the area.

6. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

What's wrong with Army????

7. Chris Easterbrook

What are you talking about Paul....?

8. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

It is more of a response at Jay and his "What do you expect from an Officer, and an Army one at that"

9. Chris Easterbrook

True Army officers are generally smarter than Naval ones at least in our armed forces.

10. Jay Jennings

That is sooooo true, but everyone knows that it is the lower deckers who are the real brains and brawn of the military. We just need officers to sign stuff and attend the boring political functions.[:D]

J

11. Jay Jennings

Nothing, if you can stomach the smell.[:(]
    it was a dig at officers.
    J

12. Chris Easterbrook

Yes but not all officers are bad just naval ones.

13. Jay Jennings

Not disputing that but an officer [:eek:)] is an officer [:eek:)] is an officer [:eek:)] is an officer [:eek:)] is an officer [:eek:)] is an officer [:eek:)] is an officer [:eek:)] is an officer [:eek:)] is an officer [:eek:)] is an officer [:eek:)] is an officer [:eek:)] is an officer [:eek:)]...

I'm pretty sure that most naval officers can their own name though.[:D][:D][:D]

14. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Better to be in the rear with the gear (Signals)

15. Chris Easterbrook

You cna't leed from behind Paul. You have to be in the shit to order omeone else to do something.

16. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

So Chris what's the status of the battle in NB. I should know my schedule for the 14th and 15th by Friday this week. I am hoping I am not scheduled for the weekend.

17. Chris Easterbrook

I am still waiting to hear from Chris O. I will call him this week and try to find out the details of the last battle in NB. He did mention when he was over that he could get us a 25 pond tank for about $65 which is a great price. I have not decided if this event will be Canats or not as this is not a offical Nabs event. I know Nabs does not own Canats or anything but I was thinking of maybe getting away from it as Canats is associated with Nabs. It maybe the perfect time for something new. In other news the pool maybe a cheap fix( less than $100) or may not get fixed at all due to cost and age of the pool, it maybe cheaper in the long run to buy a new pool in a few years.

18. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Since NABS and ARCC use a similar combat format I can't see a problem with using CANNATS. Or at least use it for this year and then maybe something else next year.

19. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

NABS created Can-nats Chris. It belongs to no other club. GO with CAN-NATS for now.

Curt

20. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I would say call it cannats x this year and then work out a system of alternating years for a big event in either NB or NS.