Has anyone seen the New Vanguard book series?

Discussion in 'Full Scale' started by eljefe, Aug 2, 2009.

1. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

I was looking around Amazon and found this collection of books from Osprey Publishing covering topics like:
    German Battlecruisers 1914-18

US Navy Aircraft Carriers 1942-45

Imperial Japanese Navy Battleships 1941-45

British Battlecruisers 1914- 1918

Has anyone bought one of these, and are they any good?
    Links to "New Vanguard" titles:
    Books 26-50
    Books 51-75
    Books 76-100
    Books 101-125
    Books 126-150
    Books 151-175

2. krijn

krijn Member

Hiya

i have them all as .pdf's and they are not the greatest books, alot of whats in them is available on the web and alot that was left out is available online too.

krijn

3. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

I was tempted to get the German Battlecruisers one as a reference should I add a Von der Tann or Moltke to my fleet some day. They also have titles on German dreadnoughts (covering my under-construction Bayern) coming out in the future.

Am I better off saving my money?

4. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

I have the German and British battlecruiser books. They are ok. I wouldnt spend much on them.

5. krijn

krijn Member

i am not a fan of the Vanguard publications

but there are a few nice pics in them wich however dont show thatmuch more then the ones online, if they are under $ 15,00 each its worth it .. anything over is a waste and your better of looking for Morskaya collection booklets wich feature russian text, decent pics and .. detaildrawnings of some parts.

i found the ribplan for my dutch battlecruiser in a morskaya collection book, while the dutch navy did not have the ribplans !! alot of ww2 papers where taken to russia and hence the decent detaildrawnings of alot of axis ships.

Krijn