Heavy Cruiser Prinz Eugen's guns setup

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by NASAAN101, Feb 12, 2010.

1. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

a unit is 1 50 round gun. 3 50 round guns is 150 rounds total. Some clubs allow captains to replace 3 50 round guns with 2 75 round guns, which also is 150 rounds. The IRCWCC does not allow that.

2. JKN

JKN Member

Why cant treaty allow 2 75? :(
    It would be easier for a new person with a ship that has dual stern turrets.

3. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Actually, I believe Treaty does allow 2 75-rd guns.
    Nikki's ship is being built for IRCWCC which does not allow splitting units like Treaty.

4. crzyhawk

Mike is spot on. Treaty DOES allow you to do that. Nikki is in a different club which does not allow that.

5. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

MIke,
    I know that, BUt i can have 3-50 round guns, right? O, off topic, for a sec. what is easyer, BB loader or loading by hand? and what do you guys thing?
    Nikki

6. crzyhawk

Yes you can have 3 50 round guns. Loaders are easier.

7. NASAAN101

mike,
    What did you mean by this and do you have photos of it: An example of this is found at our last "conferece" at Treaty this summer. My Salem had a reputation as being a fairly "slippery" little ship that gave a lot more then she got. In one of the last battles of the week though, I got caught with my pants down, and paid the price. I was looping around hunting Bismarcks and headed into the main cove. ALL the Allied battleships and battlecrusiers picked THIS time to go chasing after a single Axis cruiser. I was caught in a smaller area of the pond, with my bow facing the land. One Bismarck cut me off from behind, the other attacked me from the front...there was just nothing I could do, because i had the wrong part of my cruiser pointed at the enemy. I took more damage in those few seconds then I had the rest of the week.
    Nikki

8. crzyhawk

I meant I made a mistake, and I paid for it. There aren't any pictures because they were too busy shooting at me.

9. NASAAN101

guys.
    I know i need barrels four all the turrets, but only three working! what is the easy thing to make the other barrels out of? a friend, said this: brass, wood,aluminum,steel.. what do you guys thing?
    Nikki

10. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

How many times do you need this answered? You can use any of the materials you listed, and probably a few more. metal will obviously last longer, but wood is easier to work with.

--Chase

11. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

If I had to make a dummy barrel, I'd try to make it look just like all the armed barrels, just to create doubt in the minds of my enemies.
    I'd even go so far as to drill the holes for the safety pin.
    Don't matter what you make it from, even a section of fibreglass tent pole wil do, just paint it and make it look like the others.
    Oh and please, please please, make the dummy barrel point in the same direction as the real ones.....

12. NASAAN101

Guys,
    thanks! i can get the brass tube, from a hobby store, right?
    Nikki

13. burnzy232

burnzy232 Member

14. NASAAN101

Guys,
    with one cannon in B turret, just one round across some bow, and then run! what do you thing?
    Nikki

15. NASAAN101

Guys,
    My thing with have two guns in B-turretis, i can chase other cruiser with them! what do you guys thing?
    Nikki

16. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

What I thinK is that chasing cruisers is a good way to get your bows blown off. I am a fan of double bow guns, since my last 2 ships in a row had them (PDN and CAE), but I don't use them to chase things that have dual sterns. I hunt for the nice 'crossing the T' shot on their broadsides (my last battle with Don and Dave not withstanding as I had announced that it was to be a Deathride), as that'll give me the most bang for my BB. If you're running a PE, I'd stick with dual guns in one direction and a single in the other, with a half-unit pump.

17. NASAAN101

Tugboat,
    What do you mean on this: What I thinK is that chasing cruisers is a good way to get your bows blown off. I am a fan of double bow guns, since my last 2 ships in a row had them (PDN and CAE), but I don't use them to chase things that have dual sterns. I hunt for the nice 'crossing the T' shot on their broadsides (my last battle with Don and Dave not withstanding as I had announced that it was to be a Deathride), as that'll give me the most bang for my BB. If you're running a PE, I'd stick with dual guns in one direction and a single in the other, with a half-unit pump. i dont total understand?
    NIkki

18. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Generally they will have more hard area on their sterns than you will on your bow. Hence your bow will get holes in it and your forward speed will help you flood faster.
    "Crossing the T" describes the general layout of the two ships in question. Historically the top of the T has the advantage since it can fire full broadsides versus the base of the T which is limited to bow guns. In this hobby a ship with bow guns has some advantage in this situation since your bow will be less penetrable than their broadsides. Full broadsides are more limited in the hobby. Ships that do have cannons set for broadside fire also usually have lots of down angle on them, hence short range. Cruiser tactics are "snipe and run" so long range bow guns play into that strength if you want to set it up that way.
    This being said. Find a style that fits with in those principles and have fun.

19. NASAAN101

thanks guys!
    Nikki

20. NASAAN101

guys,
    My thing with this is two guns and the full pump! what do you guys think?
    nikki