Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by philip schneider, Jul 9, 2020.

1. philip schneider

philip schneider New Member

I have been interested in this for awhile and finally have the time to look at getting started. Does anyone have experience 3d printing parts for this? also if anyone knows of a group near South Carolina that would be a huge help.

2. Julian Barbera

Julian Barbera Active Member

Hi, and welcome! 3D printing has been a large part of our hobby for awhile now. You can check out the 3d printing resource section for some parts files to get started. The Digital Design and Fabrication forum section is where you can view and post threads about CAD, 3d Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser cutting. I haven't battled on the east coast but someone else should be able to help you get battling over there. Glad to have you aboard!

3. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Welcome!

I'm in Greer. There isn't a group in SC but there are a few guys around. Going to Statesboro,GA or Oakboro, NC to battle isn't that big a deal generally.

4. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Well hello there, neighbor. I am stationed in Charleston, SC, and I battle with the Southeast Attack Squadron in Statesboro, GA. I also do a fair amount of 3d printing, both cannons and superstructure parts and potted plants and gaming minis and VR accessories and random little thingamajigs for the workshop.

I would say "come see a battle", but with current events that might not be the best idea. Still, I'd be glad to share pictures and answer any questions.

5. philip schneider

philip schneider New Member

I was looking into SAS rules and their website. I would definitely be interested in seeing a battle but that will have to wait until things clear up more. I was looking at tinkering with some ship plans this weekend. I was thinking of looking at Scharnhorst in her CA format. Any tips for breaking down plans to different parts ? Thanks for the welcome everyone.