Hello from Central/Northern California!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Farriers Fleet, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Farriers Fleet

Farriers Fleet New Member

Hello my Names Mark, Been lurking on this site for a few years now and finally caving on a build. I have quite a bit of rc experience with building rc jets and trophy trucks and have a general bit quick learning and random skill, so I've talked myself in going alittle crazy and doing a USS Missouri Build, not to sure on big gun or fast gun yet but I'll have that decided by the time I finish the hull. Look forward to chatting and discussing ideas with ya'll!!!!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    Beaver likes this.
  2. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

Welcome! Looking forward to the build. :)

Farriers Fleet likes this.
  3. Farriers Fleet

Just waiting for the plans to arrive, getting kind of anxious to start! Just getting the workshop all ready has gotten my father interested in it and he's contemplating building a Freedom Class LCS-1 if he can find plans for it so that would be an interesting combo

4. Beaver

Yeah, a ship that recent might be hard to find plans for. Depends I guess. :)

5. Beaver

Forgot to mention, any questions you have, post them. There is a great community here that can offer advice for just about anything. Trust me, I know. ;)

6. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Welcome to the hobby! It's a lot of fun. Looks like you're located near San Jose? The active club closest to you is big gun WWCC out of the San Jose/Bay Area. I can get you in touch with a couple of our guys if you'd like.

7. Farriers Fleet

From Hollister, bout 45 min south of SJ. Thanks, I would appreciate that a lot! I've been checking out there roles and it looks like a good group to to get in touch with, glad there's an active group near me.

8. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Check your inbox for contact info! They held an event this weekend I believe but should be scheduling build sessions in the near future. One great thing is the club now has 7 cargo and 7 torpedo cruisers which are used as loaners to new guys who want to play while they build their ships.

9. Farriers Fleet

Spent most of my day reading through one of your build threads from last year and wow! Great job Beaver!! Hope my ship comes out as well!

Beaver likes this.
  10. Beaver

Was that my Johnston build or Suffren build? The Suffren would take most of your day to read. ;)

11. Farriers Fleet

The Suffren! Haha ya but it was good reading for sure! Probly review it a couple times during my build. I'll have to look up the Johnston one

12. Beaver

Stay tuned for Suffren's winter refit. Lots of exciting things will be happening. :)