Hello from Michigan

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tdanthony94, Dec 11, 2018.

1. tdanthony94

tdanthony94 New Member

Hello skippers,

I stumbled across a video from SCRAP some time ago and I haven't been able to shake this hobby from my mind since. I've got a background in full-size sail racing as well as RC (I've got my Soling 1M mothballed back in Escanaba), and since there's not much of a Soling scene down Grand Rapids way, this looks like a great alternative!

I'm looking to ease in with a small scratchbuilding project, something on the order of a convoy ship or a non-combat Erie (pg-50). If I am so persuaded, I may make an entry with a cruiser or something else fairly compact and economical. So far, I have done a pretty good scouring of the build forums, but feel free to share anything felt to be helpful.

Thanks

2. WillCover

WillCover -->> C T D <<--

hey Tyler we have a hull maker right here in MI @modelshipsahoy and also Craig @Panzer in Muskegon might still have something for sale. I have a number of plans if you want to go that route including Erie.

3. tdanthony94

tdanthony94 New Member

Thanks for the info! Sounds like west Michigan is a good spot to be. You've got me curious with your Erie plans, would you be willing to part with a copy?