Hello from Minnesota

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by T1nman, Jun 7, 2018.

1. T1nman

T1nman New Member

Hello, I've been interested in this hobby--especially big gun ships--since I was a kid, but never had the resources to participate. Now that I'm in college I've purchased a light cruiser Duca D'Aosta hull kit as a summer project and am going to attempt to get it sailing and possibly armed.

I'm also constructing compressed air torpedoes with percussion cap detonators designed to punch 1/4" holes in balsa wood, just as a fun engineering concept.

I know of the Port Polar Bear club relatively close to where I live, and I'd appreciate any tips you guys have for a first time builder.

2. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

@Bob will swoop in to get you on the mailing list within the next 24 hours or so. I'm over in Park Falls WI and make the trek out to Chanhassen for battles.
    I think Tyler's kid has one of those boats. either that or a french one. Everybody at PPB has been super friendly, welcoming and helpful.

If you haven't already, take a look at the build threads, get some ideas, and then start your own build thread. that's the best way to consolidate the Q&A/tips.

Best way to knock out this build will probably be to get some face time with PPB.

See you out on the pond!
    -Bryan

3. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

I've sent you a message, welcome to the club.