Hello from ND

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by fyrefighter123, Dec 17, 2017.

1. fyrefighter123

fyrefighter123 New Member

I first found out about R/C warship combat about 5 years ago while I was in college and wanted to get into it but moving around and starting new jobs in various locations tied up my time and I did not have a permanent space to do any type of construction. Now that my spouse and I have settled into our house here in Dickinson, ND, I have decided that I would like to start on construction of a warship, even though it may take a while due to the birth of our son. The winters here are long and cold, so it should make for a good time to build a ship. I am looking forward to learning from the wealth of knowledge that is on this site to get further involved in this hobby, which should be a good way to connect with m son as he grows.

-Andrew

2. pigeonfarmboy

pigeonfarmboy Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, the Minnesota guys are likely the "closest" group to you. Try to attend a battle or build day before you get started on a ship. Unless you're a very capable fabricator, you'll need help and ideas how to go about building your first boat. Do some research and feel free to ask questions. Reading the IRCWCC rules is a good place to start.
    http://ircwcc.com/main/home/rules/

3. Michael Bergstrom

Michael Bergstrom New Member

Hey Andrew, Good to see that i wont be the only person in ND getting into this hobby!
    God knows we havent got much to do down here in williston.

4. WillCover

WillCover -->> C T D <<--

welcome aboard to both of you!

5. Z Boat

Z Boat Well-Known Member

Welcome