Hello from New England

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Firetide, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Firetide

Firetide New Member

Hello Captains and Admirals,

I've recently rediscovered this hobby, and am looking to join it for the first time. I'd stumbled across the group back in 2010, but moved to Italy shortly after.

The idea of building a ship from the keel up like Greg has done inspires me almost as much as the idea of using it to sink other ships. However, I understand this is a painfully slow and unforgiving process. So I'll likely need to start small and/or with a fibreglass hull.

Being Based in New England (Rhode Island), It looks like the New England Task Force mostly plays Fast-Gun And I'm curious where the nearest Big-Gun group would be. Ideally, I'd like to play both formats.

Anyways, thank you for the welcome and having such a comprehensive public forum!

Good Luck and Fair seas!
    ~Firetide

2. The_Dank_Astero

The_Dank_Astero Member

Hello from NorCal! you can check battlersconnection or Strike models if you want to get ship hulls and other equipment. Strike models has packed up their stuff, so they only produce ship plans.

3. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

I think the nearest Big Gun Group is in Virginia. IRC (fast gun) is active in New England (Penn, Md, New York, etc.)

4. Firetide

Firetide New Member

Cool, thank you!

5. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

My dad's getting a boat for christmas, so if anything you have I think two prospective battlers looking to do fast gun in MA. One dude in the Boston area, in my Dad just north of Worcester.