Hello from Northern NJ

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Justin Ragucci, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Justin Ragucci

Justin Ragucci Well-Known Member

hey guys I am justin from northern NJ I have been into this hobby since I was 16 but haven’t built a ship yet due to the person that was helping me when I was 16 ditched me and left me high and dry and I found this group and hopefully someone could help me build my first ship or give me some tips.

2. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

Start by reading build threads here. This will give you a leg up on learning the vocabulary, components, and construction techniques that are currently in use. These guys know what they are doing as most have been doing it for YEARS longer than you may think possible. Lol. Most are very willing to help with advice, ect. A large part of the fun is going to build sessions at other members shops. The most fun you can have with ships without water. Lol. I will give any advice I can as I am usually happy to do so. Sometimes I can get grumpy as most of us can. Lol. I am unfortunately too far away from you to help in person and NJ is out of my operating area for the company I drive for. Good luck and welcome.

3. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

I'm in Red Lion. Pa. Build on the weekends.

4. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Welcome! I don't think you're right next door to anyone, but you're certainly in a good location in terms of drive-time to events I think.