Hello from Northern Virginia.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MoldyCheese, Dec 16, 2020.

1. MoldyCheese

MoldyCheese New Member

I was wondering if any members of this site are in my area? I just joined the site yesterday. I have read a lot of good information about the builds here. Im sure as I started to build my first battle boat that I will have lots of questions.

Justin Ragucci likes this.
  2. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Hey - I’m in Alexandria, where are you located? There’s a good IRCWCC group in the DMV, we meet in Annapolis on Friday nights

MoldyCheese likes this.
  3. MoldyCheese

MoldyCheese New Member

I live in Strasburg, about 30 minutes south of Winchester. Alexandeia is about 1 hour 45 minutes away. I do not drive because of medical issues, so if I came to a meet my wife would have to drive me. Lol

4. Kevin P.

OK, I'm familiar with the area. Our battle site in the past has been Hagerstown, MD, but the lake got drained a few years ago and never refilled - maybe the coming year will see that happen. I've been scoping out a few sites in Fauquier county that I'll try to set up an event for the spring. Close is relative in this hobby. There's a lot of good info on this site, look around and ask questions

MoldyCheese likes this.
  5. MoldyCheese

MoldyCheese New Member

Have you looked into Lake Frederick? Its a large lake that allows electric boats only. I am looking forward to learning about this hobby and vuilding some cool boats.

6. bmarkb

bmarkb Active Member

Welcome to the hobby! The MABG is a Big Gun club with members in Arlington, Fredericksburg, Hampton Roads, and Roanoke/Blacksburg. We have a pond near Fredericksburg and will be restarting our battle season in the spring. We would love to have you meet with us and will help you get started.

cheers,

MoldyCheese likes this.
  7. Kevin P.

I haven’t checked that out, looks like it might be a little deep - we try to battle in water less than 5ish feet deep so we can retrieve the boats easily if the sink out there

MoldyCheese likes this.
  8. MoldyCheese

MoldyCheese New Member

Ohhh... yeah I didnt think about rhe deep water, but yes Lake Frederick is very deep.

9. MoldyCheese

MoldyCheese New Member

Awesome... Fredericksburg isnt real far. I would live to come and see a battle and meet the guys behind this cool hobby.

10. bmarkb

bmarkb Active Member

Sounds good. Without COVID we would probably have a couple of build meets this winter. In addition to rcwarshipcombat, we also have a Facebook page we use for announcements and coordination.

MoldyCheese likes this.