Hello from Oregon

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Brent Neer, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Brent Neer

Brent Neer New Member

I have been interested in rc naval combat for a long time and have decided finally look into it more and possibly start building a ship. I love history and especially the ships and planes designed during pre and during WW2. I don't know what style of combat I would like to get into, but I would like to find a local group of people to learn from or at least see if there is anyone close to me that does this and learn from.

2. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

Hey dude!

You have IRCWC to the north of you and Big Gun to the south. I'm sure both would love to see you at their next club meeting/battle. I'd suggest checking both of them out and seeing which one is a fit for you.
    @NickMyers is with the group in Washington, if I'm not mistaken. I don't know who to contact with Big gun, but they do have a subforum down on the bottom of the main page.

3. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

Nick and I are both in the Washington group.

4. Z Boat

Z Boat Well-Known Member

Hello Brent,

I would look at cost and availability of parts (guns and hull kits) that are easy to attain if you lack the tools and skills to make your little pride and joy. Look into a stable group that is not to far of a drive for help and combat. You will find a lot of very helpful people in all the groups out there, good luck and have fun.

5. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

If you're looking for Big Gun, you'll be interested in the WWCC. They're based in California, near Sacramento. They recently moved ponds though, and I'm not sure where. Up north is Fast Gun and 1/72 scale destroyer combat, the Queen's Own.

6. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

What part of Oregon are you in? I'm down here in Northern NV and do fast gun. Welcome!

7. Brent Neer

Brent Neer New Member

Thank you all for the information. I live in Eastern Oregon and have to decide where I should consider playing. I live closer to Washington and regularly visit the tri-cities area in Washington. I didn't know that the sport had several different scales to play with.

8. Brent Neer

Brent Neer New Member

Eastern Oregon by the Washington border.