Hello from Oregon!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NT2325, Jul 12, 2020.

1. NT2325

NT2325 New Member

I’ve lurked this forum quite a bit over the years and always wanted to get into this hobby.

Are there any groups in Oregon? I’d prefer 1/72 scale just because the size seems like it would make building and details easier. But 1/144 would be okay too.

I have seen that there are groups in Washington but would hope to find closer.

2. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

I know there are 1:72 groups in Washington and California, but both have minimal internet presence. There are also 1:144 clubs in both states. Not sure about Oregon, though.

3. Julian Barbera

Julian Barbera Active Member

Howdy!
    Are you closer to Seattle or Sacramento? Nick Myers and Greg McFadden play up near Seattle(Not sure what format they play). Down in Sacramento you got Gary Powell and the PMWC who plays 1/72. Over around Reno there's Renodemona and his fast gun group. If you care to come down to San Jose and Santa Cruz in California you can play Big Gun at the WWCC with me!
    Welcome Abord

4. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

Welcome! I'm down in Reno if you're in Eastern OR.

5. Nibbles1

Nibbles1 Well-Known Member

Hello and Welcome! Like Julian said, PMWC does 1/72 in Sacramento area.
    There also is the possibility of starting your own club, although I don't know about the details (cause I didn't start one).