Hello from Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chaosfox, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Chaosfox

Chaosfox New Member

Hello everyone. I have actually been looking into getting involved in this hobby for several years but unfortunately there aren't any groups close enough for me to try and join.

2. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

You have all kinds of people all around you, you are dead bang in the middle of it all.
    This is a hobby where people travel a lot to battle, the Minnesota guys travel as much as 22-24 hrs to battles, the texas guys drove between 17-20 hrs and more to come to Tennessee this year for Nats. Sinkazuki comes from Colorado to battle with others. I think Kevin P. used to fly in from Hawaii to do Battle. Im luckier than some, I come from Michigan. If you can make a Friday nite build and bull session at one of the guys places out there, I think you will find it well worth your time.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Hope to see you on the water.
    Craig

3. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Theres a large group based in Annapolis who hold regular build sessions. I'm maybe 40 minutes to your east near A.C. There are a few members scattered around PA that aren't too far. You're actually right smack in the middle of things.

4. Chaosfox

Chaosfox New Member

Does the Annapolis group have a website? what rule set do most of the members around this area play under?

5. WillCover

WillCover -->> C T D <<--

Welcome, they are fast gun IRCWCC rules on the web site there is also a Face book page.

6. Chaosfox

Chaosfox New Member

I had been planning on using the big guns rules.

7. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Fast gun is the main show in town (if you are looking to battle). We have 4-5 battles per year within 2-5 hours from you. We don't have a webpage for the Annapolis group but meet weekly, sometimes on weekends (when we dont have battles). If you follow the IRCWCC facebook page most of the pictures are from that group. Try to make it to an event later this year to check out things in person. Dates haven't been finalized but there should be an event in Bradford, PA, as well as Hagerstown, MD