Hello from south houston

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TexasRed, Jan 18, 2023.

1. TexasRed

TexasRed New Member

I found the hobby on youtube about 2 years ago and now that i have found this forum I'm going to try building a ship, and once i have transpotation, actually battling. I'm 17 as of 2 days ago, unfortunately not enrolled in school, tho i don't really care. but i passed the practice ged test and i should be taking my actual ged test this friday, hopfully that goes well. and my choice of ship will be the USS Texas so if anyone has any general tips that would be greatly appritiated.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
    Justin Ragucci likes this.
  2. Justin Ragucci

Justin Ragucci Well-Known Member

Hello and nice to meet you welcome to this wonderful and unique hobby! I found the hobby the same way about 13 years ago now. I have only been battling for around 4. You have a decent amount of people in your state. The one thing you need to looks into is are you going big gun or fast gun. The two groups are different and have different build styles. I feel the USS Texas would be a great ship to start with. It has a decent amount of room and the layout of it is pretty good. I am from Jersey so couldn’t really help much hands on but if you do have any questions feel free to reach out.

3. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Welcome, @ZARUBA1987 and @Fridge are active battlers in the Houston area, you should send them a message, it’s much better to meet up in person to see boats and ask questions

Terry Keef likes this.
  4. Fridge

Fridge Active Member

Hey, I'm up in north Houston. I'm going back to college but still taking time for boats. We do build meets sometimes on weekends, but without transportation for the moment it might be difficult to attend, and downtown suuucks to drive through sometimes, I drive it almost every day. If you have any questions or stuff feel free to DM me. Good luck on the test.

5. TexasRed

TexasRed New Member

ok, thank you all for the references, @Justin Ragucci thank you for the info on my choice of ship, I'm starting the templates and mock up now. @Kevin P. thank you for letting me know the active houston battlers ill definitely talk to them. @Fridge ok cool, ill be pming you

6. ZARUBA1987

ZARUBA1987 Well-Known Member

We have a build session going down the 28th near the woodlands

TexasRed likes this.
  7. TexasRed

TexasRed New Member

OK, could I possibly get an address?

8. ZARUBA1987

ZARUBA1987 Well-Known Member

More the welcome to attend meet the crew

9. TexasRed

TexasRed New Member