Hello from the Houston area!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Fridge, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Fridge

Fridge Active Member

Hello there! I learned about this hobby from YouTube, and from what I've seen, it looks really fun! After stumbling around the web a bit, I found this site and started reading through a couple builds, and knew that I wanted to try making one too!

I have experience working with R/C electronics, mostly from installing them into scratch-built foam board airplanes, and some woodworking experience, but I have no idea on what to do when constructing a warship.

Renodemona likes this.
  2. Selley

Selley Active Member

Hello and welcome

3. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Hello! I am in Houston as are a few others, you just missed a battle this past weekend. What ship are you interested in?

4. Prussian

Prussian Member

Fridge, I'm NW Houston near Cypress. I will be holding a build session the 2nd or 3rd Saturday in January. PM me your contact info so I can get you the information.

5. Fridge

Fridge Active Member

@jadfer I just looked at the date for the event on Facebook, it was in NE Houston, right? I wouldn't have been able to attend unfortunately, family flew in that day for an early Christmas. Next time, as long as there aren't conflicts, I'll be able to go!

I wasn't sure which ship at first, but after reading through some of the recommendations, a larger 3 unit seems ideal for a first build. Edgar Quinet is an option, and it's got a build guide! I like the Hipper and Brooklyn class cruisers, too. I'm not too set on any one ship, so I'm open to recommendations. I can buy some plans as a late Christmas present from a prepaid gift card. (Thanks, Chris!)

Happy holidays!

ZARUBA1987 likes this.
  6. ZARUBA1987

ZARUBA1987 Well-Known Member

Hey there great to have you aboard. I as well am located near HOUSTON. We just held a local battle this past weekend at my pond. Prussian will be scheduling a build session soon look forward to seeing you there