Hello from virginia! another new guy :D

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by totaldestruction, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

The Mid-Atlantic Battle Group will be having its mid-summer battle on July 16th at Camp Alta Mons in Shawsville Virginia

2. totaldestruction

totaldestruction Active Member

well thats not exactly what i was asking, but i would like to know more about this event.

3. totaldestruction

on second thought, a 4 hour drive both ways is ... a bit much for a spectator LOL

4. Knight4hire

For this battle I will have a chance to find out how well I designed my float system.

This will be a BIG Gun action.
    There will be two teams. Each team with have cargo ships to protect as they try to make their cargo runs. Each team is made up of a mixture of Allied and Axis ships.

I know thta this is a drive for you. I will be driving four hours each direction just for this meet.
    This event is being held at a camp ground. So bring a tent and stay the night.
    If you like we can check on the availablity of a cabin for an over night stay.

Does this help?

5. totaldestruction

Well, its a complicated situation right now. I wouldnt mind camping out in a tent, but its not really that thats a problem. Besides the 4 hours each direction i too have to drive, my mother is on vacation, and my dad often has unexpected events pop up, even on weekends, which makes him go into work. I dont think he would be thrilled about sleeping at something i would mainly be interested in overnight. I could ask him if he could drive me there/back I assume, but im not expecting anything. Still, i would like to see some ships fight once again!

6. totaldestruction

Well, with the drive, a car matinence appointment, and my brother coming in that day, its not going to happen. Thanks for the invitation anyway! hopefully nexttime :D

7. Knight4hire

I will keep you posted as to when we will have the next battle at a public pond.

Camp Altmons is one of the few public ponds we use.
    We prefer to meet new folks at a public pond.
    After that, they can be invited to a meet at one of the private ponds.

8. Knight4hire

There is a pond in Leesburg that we use, but that is a private pond for members only.
    You will have to attend one of our public events first before you will be invited to join us there.

9. totaldestruction

That makes perfect sense, i can imagine any private ponds being much more desireable. thanks, hope to attend a battle sometime soon!

10. Knight4hire

Check out: mabg.org
    For the latest information on what we are building and when we are sailing.