hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bikefish, Feb 8, 2011.

1. bikefish

bikefish Member

and the prof OKed it! Here goes nothing :)

2. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

It is always nice to see the hypothitical ships. But the important thing is to build a ship that is legal with the local group in your area.
    That way you can get to know the folks, and battle some boats.
    And perhaps down the road, there might be more support for your building a hypo, if you still have the itch.
    Mikey

3. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

Bikefish, what's your major? You might be able to get multiple class projects out of this. If you have a tech writing class and have some freedom about what to document, you could document the build. Photography, again document the build. My husband was a mechanical engineering major and his senior project was redesigning big gun turrets.

As an aside, it'd be interesting to see just how many subject areas you could touch on with a model warship combat build if you were to build a curriculum around the build. History research, writing, photography, math, physics, etc.

4. bikefish

bikefish Member

Im a physics major. Other then the shop aspects of this, I dont really have anywhere I could apply it to ethere due to it being completely outside some of my corses or already having projects for them.