Hello?

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by irnuke, Jan 18, 2012.

1. irnuke

irnuke -->> C T D <<--

Any SE members actually on this forum?
    Terry (Lee) McKinzie and I are trying to plan our battle schedule leading up to NATS, and we realized the only battle scheduled for the SE is in LA. Now, LA is a fine place, but isn't there anything, ya know... more East in the SE?

2. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

There are a few... I however am just a lurker. My build is only just beginning to build steam.

3. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

A few years ago we did a pretty good job scheduling a battle for each month that didn't have a major battle scheduled. Yet in recent years the battles have been falling off ... probably due to the economy or something. Last year we only had a few battles in Region 3.

Hmm ... maybe I'll drop a message on the Region 3 email list and see what kind of interest there is for battling this year. More people on that email list than ones that visit here.

4. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Memorial Day Weeknd in Farmington, MO. Sure it's a drive to the west, BUT you have a real short trip to NATS this year. So take and join us. We tyipicaly have 20 ships. Very nice pond, great hotel, good places to eat too.

5. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Great chinese food! My all time favorite buffet

6. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I will get on Brian about scheduling. He and the Florida guys have been talking about which weekend to be where, etc.

I will go out on a limb and say that there will be a battle 2 - 3 weeks before the Brouhaha, in Statesboro. I'll bug Brian K online tonight (we play the same MMO) and find out WHEN. After the Brouhaha, there will be more battles, again, I'll try to find something out. Rick and Don don't have the energy that they used to, and that affects how many battles they host. If someone wants to step up to the plate and assist in hosting FL battles, I'm sure they could give guidance on who to contact at the Orlando pond. Not casting aspersions on anyone, given that I have yet to host a battle myself. So please don't think I'm implying that anyone is slacking (apart from me!)

7. Tugboat

Best date for a February Statesboro battle is 11-12 Feb, with the provisos that Brian's wife must approve and that the park people are cool with it. On #1 I am hopeful, and on #2 I'm virtually certain, since they like us enough that they gave Brian a key to the park gate :) Update to be posted tomorrow, but I wanted to put the tentative date out for people to see.

8. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

NE Regional (IRC) is on the 1st week end in May at Greenbriar State Park, come on up!

9. Tugboat

Official update: Brian has scheduled a battle for February 11-12 in Statesboro. Be there or be square!