Help make a US Navy Vets Christmas!

Discussion in 'General' started by Buddy, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Hi Guys I need your help! I have for a neighbor a us navy vet that would really like to have a us navy ship.
    Here is the low down, he is retired and 80% disabled, has pins and rods in lower back, pins in hips.He has seen my ships and has read and watched almost every article and video about our hobby.He and his wife are very tight on money so cant really afford to buy a ship. He really like the us light cruisers like the Atlanta's, Brooklyn's, Omahas cruisers. It cant be to big , those are about the size he could handle.
    So I am hoping that some one out there has one of these ships gathering dust, that maybe they would donate it to this gentleman. Dont have to have a radio or guns, could be just a hull and deck, some thing simple that I can set up a simple 2 channel radio in it for him. Help me out to make a very special Christmas for him!

2. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Great News I have been offered a Brooklyn cruiser !! Ok I have a simple 2 channel radio brand new for it and I think I have a Proboat esc laying around some where! Have plenty of scrap wood to help build what ever else.Could use some help with batteries and may.be a charger.
    I will wrap and box everything that is donated in gift wrap and will be sure to take pics when he opens it! I will post pics for everyone to enjoy!

3. Mark41

Mark41 Active Member

Pay it forward my friend. Karma is real!
    What do you still need for the ship?
    Mark

4. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

We have a ship , radio , guns , charger, batteries, but I have lost the set of plans I had, still looking, I sent an order to strike but dont know if they will still sell them, any ideas?

5. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

upload_2017-12-25_14-49-34.jpeg This is my neighbor and good friend Anthony Bush that you guys helped find a ship and all the parts for !

Attached Files:

KeriMorgret, SteveT44 and Beaver like this.
  6. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

The US Light Cruiser is a Omaha class he is carving out by hand !

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017